Judy, Other/Just Looking in Laguna Niguel, CA

We want to sell our townhome in Laguna Niguel quickly. We have done a high quality upgraded kitchen, all new

Asked by Judy, Laguna Niguel, CA Thu Jan 10, 2008

flooring, new downstairs bath, new upstairs bath, repainted the whole house. End unit with a decent side yard and side gate entrance. Townhome living is not for us. Best way to sell it ASAP?

Answers

23
If you want to sell fast in this market, you'll have to slash your price. It takes very agressive pricing to get a property sold quickly. The other option is to find an agent who can do the maximum marketing and wait for the best offer. You can always sell quickly if you are willing to accept the price the market is willing to pay. But these days, you might be very dissapointed how much the market is willing to pay.
Web Reference: http://www.PeltonTeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 2, 2008
Run an ad in criagslist that says "Distressed property, must sell in 30 days. Crazy offers encouraged."

That always gets results and usually gets a good backup plan if any other advertising fails to produce.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 10, 2008
I will buy it. Give us a call for a cash purchase.
Since you asked, on January 10th, two and a half years ago, I certainly hope you've sold it by now.
Web Reference: http://tr.im/FreeMLSSearch
Judy, real estate history has shown the 22nd answer to any question guarantees the best success in selling a townhome. Without looking at what anyone else wrote...You need to have the local comps then price accordingly (not necessarily lower since you can show value with all your upgrades / remodel) and really market all your unique property features in every available resource. Quality properties can sell quickly. Selling by just lowering the price is the easy way out and not in your best interests.
If you need to sell your get the best agent with the best company and list 5% below market and you will get multipul offers.
Then pick the best offer and close escrow.
You need an experienced Realtor from a highly respected brokerage to evaluate your property, prepare a comparable market analysis and provide you with a marketing plan designed to meet your goals. Call me or visit my website. Bob Allaire, Realtor, CENTURY 21 Beachside, 949-716-0005 or http://www.RealBobC21.com.
@Michael
There are never too many answers for any question.
=)
Judy

You have received a lot of good answers . Are you ready to take action? Action speaks louder then words.
I am not the best in writing answer but get back to my clients.
Do you want your home sold? PRICE is the item that will get it sold in the fastest time.
Fastest time = highest price as we have found a settling out for the moment but after 27 years we are headed toward Nov / Dec / Jan / Feb and more foreclosures. The easy way to figure your costs take the price and multiply times 93% it will give you a quick number to work with. Hope this helps. Thanks
Michael

P.S. If you would let me know if this helps please. I always wonder if we are relevant?
Judy,
Aggressive marketing and pricing.
How long did you purchase your townhome and does it have equity?
Buyers are asking sellers for a 3% incentive for closing cost.

Good luck with your sale,

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Realtor®
I can do a net sheet for you. On a short sale it is almost nothing. Depending on your situation.
As of 5/14/2008 the FHA market has truly untapped the first time buyer market. With many townhomes and condos on the market financing was one of the greatest hurdles. Be sure to offer FHA incentives and make sure your copmplex is FHA approved. Many in LN developments never updated their status becuase of home values and low FHA guidelines. That has done a 180 and your in a good position. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me more because this financing is scheduled to be re evaluated by 12/31/2008.
just compare this listing
http://www.trulia.com/property/1053097877-65-Autumn-CA-Irvin…

to this one
http://www.trulia.com/property/1063445088-62-Knollwood-CA-Ir…

to see what a difference a good agent makes.
Michael-Shawn O'Leary,

What an absolutely zero value response! If I need a used car, you'll be the first guy I look up.

Judy,

You are going to need a top notch agent. Price is indeed going to be a huge factor, but other things can help your home stand out such as staging, professional photographs and a realtor who can and will market your home. So many of the listing agents are so sloppy. When interviewing listing agents, ask to see what homes they have sold and look at the MLS listings they put up. If the description and photos don't grab you, they won't grab potential buyers.
Hi Judy,
This is a tough market and pricing is the key. Hire yourself an agent that knows the area and has marketing skills to get it sold. Being realistic about what you can get for your home is very important
because chasing the market down will cause you time and money. Call me if you would like a realistic
valuation of your home. I've been selling real estate in Orange County since 1986 and would love to help you.
Laura Baron
949-289-9894
Web Reference: http://www.homes2hearts.com
That's easy, call me @ (949) 278-4807. My company has an exclusive marketing strategy called Hot Buys. Homes that get this designation are selling on average, within 11 days. We used this strategy in the last down market and have brought it back because it was so successful.

It will only take 20 minutes to show you how this strategy works.

I am familiar with Laguna Niguel and my associate lives on La Vue so you will get that local touch as well as Local, Regional, National and International Exposure.

I look forward to hearing from you Judy.
Web Reference: http://www.OCBeachBlog.com
Judy:

We are having tremendous success generating multiple offers in San Diego County using variable range marketing with a very low floor and a just-under-market top range. In a couple of recent cases, bidding has gone over the top end--and landed at true market value.

Just an another alternative!
Roberta Murp…, Real Estate Pro in San Diego, CA
Hello Judy. As an agent who lives in Laguna Niguel I see, almost on a daily basis, the increasing number of homes for sale in this area, and with it a significant increase in the number of days on the market before a home sells, if it sells.

As of today, there are 220 attached homes for sale in Laguna Niguel. Many of these homes have been on the market for more than 6 months, and some as long as a year.

Although pricing will be key, there are also a number of other things to consider, such as terms, staging, etc. that could make your home more attractive to a potential buyer. For example, if you are willing to carry back some of the purchase price in the form of a note, or are willing to assist the buyer with closing costs, you can make your home stand out from the competition.

You should also consider staging your home so that it shows like a model and outshines the competition. You want potential buyers to see your home and think "Wow, I want to make an offer on this one before someone else grabs it." Staging doesn't have to be expensive, small changes like painting, removing extra furniture, etc. can make a big difference.

As a last resort, you may consider selling your home at auction, if time is of the essence. Although the ultimate sales price may be lower than selling your home using traditional means, it can be an answer for some owners who are more concerned with the timing of the sale than the ultimate selling price.

I hope this helps! If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

~Amanda Wheeland
Real Estate Broker & Lawyer
The most important thing is that your home is in alignment with the market. If you are lacking in areas other than just pricing your home properly then you could miss out on a buyer for a number of reasons. There is more to selling your home in this downward market than simply pricing your home aggressively and/or marketing it aggressively. Those things are extremely important but you need to also look at the quality of marketing that is being provided for you and what the price is being based off of. In addition to that there are also a variety of other things I would recommend as and agent to sell your home quickly. I would be more than willing to discuss in more depth the process of selling your home etc. Please feel free to call and/or email me anytime.

Tiffany Mueller
Prudential California Realty, Anaheim Hills
http://www.stephanieabrego.com
Can you let me know the price you are planning to list?
I agree with the first answer-pricing is very important in this market. You may have to be the lowest priced similar home in the neighborhood because as Rory mentioned, people are looking for a bargain.
Hello Judy,

If you Google "Laguna Niguel Real Estate" you'll see that it's just my specialty.
I live in Laguna Niguel, and my office is off of Crown Valley and Niguel Road.

In order to sell your townhome quickly it is critical to have a marketing strategy that has a far reach, and an aggressive price.

Buyers are looking for deals right now, but if they see the value in your upgrades, it makes your property look like a better deal. It's all in the marketing.

Give me a call, and I'd be happy to let you know all about how my experience selling homes in Laguna Niguel can help you get moving in this market.
Web Reference: http://www.rorysiems.com
Hi Judy,

First get yourself a good internet savvy Realtor that will be able to market your property effectively on the web. Then make sure that you are being aggressive with your pricing. When there is an abundance of property available it becomes even more critical to make sure that your home is tops not only in condition but more importantly in price.

There is a saying that the three things that affect a sale are location, price and condition, but the truth is that location and condition are far less important than price. After all if condition and location really were the be all and end all then homes in poor condition and less desirable locations would never sell and they do.

I would be happy to prepare a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) for you to give you an idea of pricing for your home. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at (909) 837-8922.

Take care,

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, Keller Williams (909) 837-8922
Web Reference: http://Route66Living.com