Home Selling in Baldwin>Question Details

Jamie E., Home Seller in Baldwin, WI

We want/need to move. We are out growing our adorable rambler in Baldwin. We have had the house listed several times in the past 3 years with no luck

Asked by Jamie E., Baldwin, WI Wed Oct 19, 2011

We would currently need to list for about $135,000. Is the market any better? Should we list now or wait until Feburary? Or, should be consider renting? We have 3 BR/1Bath. 1 over sized car garage with a large shed, great yard and neighborhood. Any advice would be helpful. The last realtor we spoke with wasn't even willing to list it for over $120,000.

Jamie, speaking from a home owner that lives in the area, your home is overpriced at $135. There are a lot of nice homes in the area that are much bigger and selling for less. For example, I live in the village of hammond in a new building development by the high school. My home is 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths and I couldn't even hope to get $135 right now. Thankfully, we didn't buy our home at the top of the market so we have equity right now. I think you would be smart to refinance at the super low rates right now and rent the property for a few years until the market improves. We have also outgrown our home and looking to buy a larger one. We will be renting our old home instead of trying to sell in the current market. Good luck with whatever you decide.
You need a market assessment from a realtor and that's just a matter of someone taking the time to do one with pertinent info. and proper qualifications. Give me a shot and you'll get real answers and proper guidance - No B.S. Work with us and you get extensive exposure and a great support staff. Ask for Charlie Tiffany at 715-672-4545 or 715-495-1022 - cell. Good luck!
If you are truly trying to sell your property, keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend. Market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place. In setting a price, it is in the seller’s best interest to focus on the current market conditions....

I would recommend holding off until the spring, as the activity does die down as we head into the Holiday season. If no realtor is willing to list your property for over $120K, then you should probably heed their advice, as long as they've shown you comparable sales for your home, which do not support a higher list price.

Marco Gomez
Keller Williams Landmark II
First of all, you should be getting recent sold comps from an agent in Baldwin. That is the most important market information you need to know where to realistically price your home. Whatever that number is, whether it's $135,000 or 120,000, that's where your home will sell in the current market. Setting a price based on what you need to get doesn't help you sell it. If that number is not a number you can live with, then you will need to hold off for a few years. The market is starting to turn around in the major Twin Cities metro area, but will take some time to catch up in more rural communities. If you have not seen recent sold comps for Baldwin, find a good agent to help you.
Hi Jamie E,
There are a lot of people that want to move but they paid too much for their houses. It sounds like you may be one of those people. If you can save up the difference, you can move. For example, let's say your house can sell for only 100K but you need 135K to pay off the loan. If you save up 35K, you can bring it to closing with you to pay off the bank, then you can move. Good Luck
"listed several times in the past 3 years"
"wasn't even willing to list it for over $120,000."

Although you did not share this information, I am reasonably confident you has zero offers and few, if any, showings. The showing that likely occurred may have been other home sellers surveying the competition. Assuming there are no 'deal killer' issues with your home, this is the profile of an overpriced home.

You may very well find an agent to list at #135,000. And when your homes does not sell, the value may have declined to $110,000 and you will price at that time $125,000.

An over priced home is like the defeated warrior....they have no friends.
The well priced home is the victorious warrior and everyone wants to know him better.
Selling a home today means you are in a beauty pageant or a price war. If you get stuck in between....you will lose.
Baldwin WI is a quaint little homey town and no one is willing to pay 135,000 for a small home there too many other better offers are out there. so indeed listen to kim score. I used to live in Baldwin for 14 years of my life growing up and I still expect to come back to my hometown so long as things don't get expensive :)
Flag Mon Feb 16, 2015