Home Selling in Wisconsin>Question Details

erint, Both Buyer and Seller in Green Bay, WI

We've had our home listed for 42 days, with 5 showings and 1 offer that fell thru. We haven't had a showing in the past week, do we need to lower $?

Asked by erint, Green Bay, WI Thu Jun 21, 2012

We are at 169,900 and we need 167,000 to break even on what we owe. We live on the East side of Green Bay near uwgb.

Answers

3
What does your agent say? They are the best resource since they know the condition and and current market for your home.

It usually ends up with pricing. But there are other areas where you ay be able to assist a buyer, such as credit towards closing cost.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012
It seems that you don't have that much room to lower the price without having to put money toward your sale. The best thing you can do it speak to your agent - they are the expert in this scenario. They will give you your option and can check and see if there are any new comparable properties sold to determine the accuracy of your pricing.
I agree with Terri,

Your agent should be advising you on this. I also don't think your record is all that bad, 5 showings in 42 days and one offer sounds like you are very close. Has your agent suggested anything for you to do that you haven't done such as decluttering, painting, curb appeal?

We usually see a big difference in showings resulting from price reductions in certain price ranges such as $155,00 down to $149,000 - keeping it under the $150,000 mark or $220,000 down to $119,000 and so on. I'm not sure that $169,900 to $167,000 is going to get you that same result. Depending on what your plans are going forward, you my want to consider bringing funds to the table to move forward. It is not unusual in this market.

Best of luck on the sale of your home.