Home Selling in Weston>Question Details

Colorado Dre…, Home Seller in Weston, CO

We're selling 35 acres in Weston, CO. Is 10% standard commission rate in Colorado? That's what our agent wants. 6% is standard

Asked by Colorado Dreamer, Weston, CO Mon May 7, 2012

elsewhere.

Answers

6
There is no "standard" when it comes to commissions for selling property in Colorado (or any state, for that matter). If the agent you contacted wants 10%, and you feel that this is too much, please feel free to call another agent and ask him/her to interview.

I know that there are some agents who would like to charge 10% or so to sell vacant land, just due to the difficult market and the amount of time that goes into the work up to the sale.

I wish you the best, and please shop around for someone who you are comfortable with to sell your ground!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 7, 2012
Las Animas County is bigger than the State of Delaware and the agents don't like coming this far from Trinidad, much less Pueblo to show any listing. Looky lous cost big bucks with summer gas and no jobs and darn few sales. Take a week and a map and do your own looking. Google doesn't have much right out here and no cell service.
Hi, I would be interested in hearing more about this property. Please have your agent contact me asap. Thank you.
A 6% commission would be Price fixing and a violation of Trade Laws.

Land sells for always more than a single family home.

Perry

http://www.ruthandperry.com/

http://www.trulia.com/blog/perry_mistry
Ruth & Perry -- that may be true in Silicon Valley, but here in Colorado, it's still possible to buy a nice chunk of land for MUCH less than a single family home! You may be out in the sticks, but it's still possible. Remember, Real Estate is LOCAL!
Flag Tue May 8, 2012
I'm not sure what "Land sells for always more than a single family home." means, but I know that some land brokers charge more for vacant land than residential homes, but not all of them do so.
Flag Mon May 7, 2012
Guess my blackberry didn't send my full response!

What I was saying was..... There is no "standard" commission. Otherwise that would be price fixing and illegal. Everything is negotiable. Yes, for most normal residential properties the commission varies anywhere from 4-6% typically. BUT...this doesn't sound like a normal property. An agent may want to charge a higher commission for various reasons. I'm not familiar with your area so I cannot estimate what 35 acres in Weston CO goes for these days. Is it a luxury horse property that needs to be marketed to people in that niche market? Or on the other hand...maybe the list price isn't high enough to yield a decent commission? The question is, do you want to sell your property, and what are you willing to pay to get it done? Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.sallygrenier.com
I agree with Sean. There is no