cocoa, Home Seller in Pleasant Hill, CA

We're planning to list our Gregory Gardens house in about 6-8 months. Is it too soon to speak with a real estate agent?

Asked by cocoa, Pleasant Hill, CA Mon Aug 19, 2013

Answers

12
Pacita Dimacali’s answer
You're getting really good advice.

Besides interviewing realtors (and knowing what they offer in their marketing plan in terms of professional photographer, property specific website development, staging consultant, landscaper, painting contractor, handyman, etc), keep your eye on the market.

Those of us in the trenches are sensing that there are changes afoot. Although dates to submit offers are still being set, some agents and their buyers are going back to reviewing offers as received. Why? Because instead of getting over a dozen offers on offer date, some agents/sellers are surprised when they "only" receive one or two.

just remember, you only need one really good offer. Forget the idea that a seller can brag about getting a lot of offers (which could suggest under pricing anyway).

The objective is to get the best and highest offer ---- quality over quantity.

By the way, I've been showing my clients several houses in Pleasant Hill..and it's amazing the difference in presentation --- some sellers need to listen to their agents. And some agents need to improve their marketing.

Perhaps you may like reading this blog about motivated, semi-motivated and unmotivated sellers.
http://activerain.com/blogsview/2434338/motivated-semi-motiv…

Hmmm; I wonder what house you are talking about Pacita! :)
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013
Not at all. Now is a good time to begin addressing deferred maintenance. You may also want to consider getting a Pest and Home inspection and clearing the Section 1 items on the pest report before putting your home on the market. Preparing your home for sale over the next few months will make everything less stressful and an experienced agent will be able to guide you through the pre-sale process.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Hi Cocoa,
Not at all. In fact, it's probably a good idea to start interviewing a few realtors to see who you feel most comfortable working with. Also, to get your house in top selling condition, you probably don't want to do everything last second -- that can be quite stressful! A realtor can give you tips and suggestions that will lead to a positive return on investment -- things such as creating curb appeal, small repairs or renovations, cosmetic fixes, etc. I'm currently representing the sellers at 338 Nancy Ln in Gregory Gardens and I helped turn their home into one that the neighbors say they can't even recognize any more because it looks like a brand new home.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1033807087-338-Nancy-Ln-Pleas…

I also work with a great stager and photographer that will make your home shine. I offer a free staging consultation with my services (my stager will present a "wish list" of items that will make your home appear more modern and less out-dated -- as well as suggest paint colors).

Good luck! :-)
Joe Polacco
J. Rockcliff Realtors
925-586-7780
jpolacco@rockcliff.com
Web Reference: http://www.JoePolacco.com
Six to eight months prior to selling is definitely not too early to get the ball rolling. A well intended realtor can put the entire road map together for you and it is the most important step in making sure that your adventure in selling your home and moving forward results in a very happy ending! Tony Huszar. 925-383-7500.
No, not at all. At this stage of the game, a Realtor can be most helpful with offering you feedback about the condition of the home, and what you need to do to get it ready. Your value will flucturate, as weill the markets, but ti's a great opportunity to get a first feel for the market, and get ideas of sprucing up your home.

Best of luck.
Hi, It is not too soon to speak to an agent. We have many people calling us even a year or two prior to when they plan to sell. Most people want advice on what fix ups the house might need, on what is best to do to prepare it for market, fixes that will earn them $2 for every $1 spent. Don and I have gone on many appointments like that and would be happy to come over to help you too.
Or if you just want to get an idea of your homes value, we can do that as well.
Please give us a call anytime at 925-676-5859.
Norma H Flaskerud
Re/Max Today
367 Civic Drive #7
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Weird that this site shows me as a Home Buyer! Obviously I am a Realtor and Don is a Broker and we own our own brokerage in PH; sorry for the confusion.
Flag Mon Aug 19, 2013
Hi Cocoa,

It’s a perfect time to talk to talk to an agent. You can get an idea of your home’s value if it were to sell now and then updates as the weeks and months go by as to changes in the market and new sales activity in Gregory Gardens, which can change your home’s value. Also, a good local agent can advise you on what, if any items should be done to the home to get it ready for market. It’s nice to understand the process early, rather than being overwhelmed at the last minute.

Steve
Absolutely not. Touching base with a Realtor now and discussing your plan of action is a great idea.
Your Realtor can advise you with ideas in prepping and staging your home, what to expect when your home is shown, give you choices that will address your comfort level as to showings and can also assist you in searching for another home in the area and if you are relocating out of the area set you with a realtor specific to that area. While you can discuss pricing, know that in 6 months values may have gone up a bit, leveled off or possibly down some. Planning ahead will save you a lot of anxiety as you will know exactly what you will need to do and when to do it so when the time comes to place your home on the market you will not feel all stressed out and will be confident of the process....Depending on whether you will be purchasing again and will need a loan it is also a good thing to touch base with a seasoned loan officer.....You will know exactly what paperwork will be needed(BEFORE YOU PACK IT)
and whether there are any items you might need to attend to before obtaining another loan.
This will also give you time to know your Realtor....build a Trust relationship......set the stage for the home to be sold and welcome that special buyer.....Let me know if I can be of assistance. My office is located in Pleasant Hill ...
Not necessarily. An agent can give you ideas about how to make small (or large) improvents that will pay off later. For example: any landscaping you plant now, will fill in beautifully in 6-8 months. They can also keep you updated on the market - and around here, it seems to be changing weekly. Ask your friends for referrals, and be sure to get in touch with someone soon. There are many of us here on Trulia happy to assist!
It's a good time to interview realtors. We can discuss ways to get your home ready, set you on a search for where you may want to go. But most importantly, start a rapport so you know and trust us, which us essential for a good partnership. Please contact me offline if you want.
Its actually a perfect time for an initial consultation and to begin interviewing agents. Placing a value on the property would not occur until you are closer to putting your home on the market because you would want the benefit of discussing the most recent active, pending and sold properties in the area. With that said, you can still receive feedback from an agent on the selling process in general and prepping the home for the market.

I sold 148 Vivian Drive in Gregory Gardens and know that area quite well. If you would like to meet, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Derek M. Wagley, Esq
Broker Associate, Keller Williams Realty
http://www.DerekWagley.com
925-451-6679
Hi Cocoa.

No, it's not too early. It can take some of the "down to the wire" stress out of the process to interview and select a Realtor now. Plus you can get a punch list of to-do's if necessary for any preparation needed to the home to be ready. You can also discuss optimum timing and look at the trends and market data for your neighborhood historically during the time you're thinking of selling.

Many benefits to planning ahead and being ready to hit the ground running.

I'm happy to help, feel free to visit my site, and call me anytime! My office is right down the street in Pleasant Hill on Contra Costa Blvd!

Catherine Myers
Broker Assoc
BRE 01337828
Prudential California Realty
925-683-2125
Web Reference: http://www.diablovalley.net