Home Selling in Charlotte>Question Details

becsdrm, Home Seller in Charlotte, NC

We're having trouble selling our lake property (land without house) in Charlotte, NC on Lake Wylie. Any ideas or good agents?

Asked by becsdrm, Charlotte, NC Tue Sep 25, 2012

Answers

4
Beth Courtney’s answer
I have construction loans with only 5% down. My email is beth.courtney@union-mtg.com and # 704-579-0334. I have agents that specialize in listing lots utilizing my construction loan and builders.

Beth
You have experienced what most folks trying to sell land over the past few years - an unablity to sell. Due to the high risk nature of a land loan, lenders essentially stopped making loans on unimproved land. To make matters worse, construction loans also became almost non-existent. Without mortgage loans being readily available, your pool of buyers is reduced significantly. Are you perhaps in a position to provide owner financing? Another idea - builders are starting to build again, have you contacted area custom builders? At the end of the day, price is king. Make certain that you know your property's true market value in TODAY'S market and price your property accordingly. Best success! Kathleen Turner
Land sales, even on the lake, have historically been more difficult than properties which are already developed. While there are a multitude of gimmicks which may be employed to help properties sell, and sometimes they even work, they're still gimmicks. A broker's job is to learn about your property and your needs as seller, help you price it appropriately for your situation, develop and implement a marketing strategy which will expose the property to potential buyers and their agents, all while trying to successfully guide you through the many potential pitfalls of the sales process. Properly priced, anything can sell. While it may be fun to get a quick offer on a listing, most properly listed properties should still take some time to allow for market forces to react. Don't be discouraged, selling real estate takes time.
I would love the opportunity to discuss things with you and see if my firm, who specializes in land transactions, can help. Land sales is a tuff business but targeting the right buyer is where we excel. Please let me know any way that I may help you.

Stephen Barnwell
Mossy Oak Properties Outdoor Realty
Email: sbarnwell@mossyoakproperties.com