1. Permanent reassignment to a new duty station or home port outside a 50-mile radius of the member's former duty station or home port.
2. Reassignment ordered between 1 February 2006 and 30 September 2010.
3. Property purchased (or contract to purchase signed) before 1 July 2006.
4. Must have a decline of at least a 10% home value loss from the date of purchase to date of sale.
5. Property was the primary residence of the owner.
6. Owner has not previously received these benefit payments.
I hope this help, Good Luck!
HAP has been, and still is, a major disappointment in terms of solving this problem and quickly allowing people in your position to regain your footing.
Be leery of people who promote themselves as "short sale specialists" (which seems to be everybody these days). Your situation is one in which you get get to know your Realtor very well (or should anyway). The road to turning your sale into a fresh start rather than a disastrous finish has many twists and turns along the way.
Each lender is different, each case is different. Myriad issues can block the sale which seem to have nothing to do with common sense.
Work with an experienced person who understands your position, understands the issues Danny raises, and is flexible enough to seek soilutions outside of HAP.