Question Details

Betty Bivins, Real Estate Pro in Odessa, TX

We moved to the San Antonio area almost a year ago, does anyone have any suggestions on how to boost my career?

Asked by Betty Bivins, Odessa, TX Tue Dec 4, 2012

Answers

2
Great advise Elizabeth! I used to live in San Antonia and I miss my friends there! :0
I think it's easier in the city than the suburbs to build a real estate career when you don't have a lot of connections in the community. People tend to move more frequently and many are less likely to have long term relationships with real estate agents.

What are you doing online? Are you blogging? Does your website / blog have well developed sections for relo buyers and lots of info about your community? Do you have full, well written profiles on every one of the real estate sites from your company's to this one to all the others?

Have you gone after expireds? Including expireds from several years ago? If the market's improving where you are a property that didn't sell two or three years ago may fly off the market today.

Why not do some research and add prospects to your database who bought with agents who've left the business over the last few years? Develop a marketing plan with mailings every 1-2-3 months or so to your sphere.

Do as many open houses as you can. Never say to any opportunity. Show up to the office every day and you'll be there if there's a walk-in nobody can take or if somebody in a pinch needs to refer some business. Stay late and keep the phones on.

I would just keep plugging - if you keep showing up and really working day in and day out - using your time productively - business will come. Hang in there and good luck!!