Home Selling in San Antonio>Question Details

Travis.armst…, Home Seller in San Antonio, TX

We maybe PCSing in the near future, can anyone provide any details on the FannieMae / Freddie Mac military shortsale?

Asked by Travis.armstrong, San Antonio, TX Fri Feb 22, 2013

We are (always have been) current on our mortgage since buying our house in 2007.

Answers

8
Hi Travis,

Not sure if you saw my other comment on my post. I know what you may be referring to on a Freddie or Fannie Military Short Sale. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae recently came up with strict guidelines for military members who are PCSing and may need to do a short sale. In essence, they are making it easier for a military member to do a short sale who do not have a VA loan.

Military members do not need to be delinquent to apply for a short sale so the fact that you are current on your mortgage shouldn't be an issue.

The main issue is to find out if you require a short sale or not and just how far under water you are. The market has changed for the better in San Antonio so the best thing you should do is get with a Realtor® who has knowledge of the short sale process and can guide you so that you are aware of what is needed.

I sincerely hope that you give me a call...(let me just throw in that I am also retired Army and my husband still continues to serve lol :) ) as I believe I can help you.

Have a great evening!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
Mrs Mullen,
We will be leaving SA in September, I wanted to give you a call to talk. We live in Converse and I'm pretty sure we may be under water on our mortgage but we will see. My # is 228-324-9856 or my wife, Denise, 228-324-9897.
Flag Sun Apr 7, 2013
Travis, I have worked a number of short sales, including military members, and can provide you with assistance on the process (no obligation and no harassing phone calls - I'm retired military). I have a process guide that I use to educate my clients- will gladly email to you.

You can also call the Military One Source number 1-800-342-9647 for advice and assistance. If you loan is serviced by Bank of America, you can call their military assistance number at 1-877-430-5434.

I am available at 210-722-2725

Roland Gonzales, ABR, GRI, CRS, CDPE
Broker/Owner
e-Casa Realty
rolandg@gvtc.com
Hello Roland, please email a process guide if you will. My email address is travis.armstrong@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.
Flag Mon Feb 25, 2013
I'm sorry, I should have specified that we would be leaving San Antonio.
Hi Travis,

I would be happy to provide you with information regarding a short sale, but need some additional details in order to help. You can get started on my website -click on Sellers and select "avoiding foreclosures" from the drop down menu for short sale information.

There is also information about military relocation including a free relocation guide that you can download.

If you would like to discuss your options in more detail, please feel free to call me.

Melissa Wiggans
210.332.0310
Melissa@RealEstateMuses.com
I would be happy to discuss homes on the market via Fannie or Freddie and short sales. They are in most cases, not the same thing. Just call for information, you will not get a sales pitch or that I am a military expert or anything else, just straight answers.

Royce Simmonds, Broker-Owner, Simmonds Real Estate Inc.
Schertz (San Antonio suburb)
(210) 269-8066 or toll free 1-866-651-9300

36 Years Active Air Force Service (15 Enlisted/21 Officer)
Hello, Travis. Thank you for your service. Are you coming to or leaving San Antonio?

We are a military relocation company. We help thousands of military members and their families that PCS to San Antonio each year.

We would be happy to provide you with more information regarding a short sale.

Very truly,
Dusty Kohler
877-832-8518
dkohler@housing1source.com
Leaving San Antonio.
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
Travis!

Welcome to San Antonio where the sun is warm and margaritas are frosty!
Great question....but you have a bigger question.
In other words, do you have an existing VA mortgage if yes, you have one scenario to pursue.
If not, you have a different option to pursue.

I'm a veteran and ex-military here in San Antonio, who has tons and tons of great info. for military families.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jesus Soto
Associate Broker
Exit Realty Partners II
10010 San Pedro Ave., #100
SA, TX 78216

210.843.6053
E: jesus@930exit.com
Hi Travis. Give me a call. I am versed on the VA compromise sale and may be able to help you out.

You can check out my blog as well as I have a few articles about short sales military or otherwise.

Brenda Mullen
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
Brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net