regionalzebra, Home Buyer in 80129

We may be selling our Highlands Ranch house next spring. What would be some updates that would help it sell ?

Asked by regionalzebra, 80129 Fri Sep 14, 2012

Answers

10
Buyers are different. Some want the perfect house and others want to do the work themselves. It's good to de-clutter and clean up. Air out the house for a few days. Paint anything dirty. Things people will 'touch' like door knobs, sliding doors, etc should be tight and clean.
Get the yard cleaned up. FOr some additional ideas please see my blog. It's based on years of selling homes in Highlands Ranch.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Regionalzebra,

The best updates from our experience and research are kitchens and bathrooms. A kitchen can sell a home. Gleaming tile baths really go a long way as to getting your home at the top of the list in your market. Let me know if I can help you further. We are here to help you with all of you Denver area real estate needs.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
Have it clean, walls painted, everything organized and well priced. Good luck with your home! The truth is that if a home in Highlands Ranch will be priced well you will sell it fast. There is no magic and no magicians.

If you are still looking to sell, please give me a call. 303-549-7212
Hi Regionalzebra!
That is a great question! I happen to have a educational presentation on the staging a home for sale on my website: http://www.estate-pros.com/files/Home_Staging.swf

The return on investment for decluttering and cleaning can be as high as 800%. After you make sure that you have great curb appeal (to get buyers out of their car and into your house), the most important rooms are the kitchen and master bedroom. Paint in high traffic areas is always a great an inexpensive face lift for a room. This is covered in the presentation, check it out!

Good luck with the sale!

Dena Schlutz
Broker / Owner
Estate Professionals
serving the Boulder area
The best things to do to spruce up your home for sale are the ones that are:
Easy
Inexpensive
and those that you can Do Yourself

Some other tips:
*Often times sellers think they need to spend lots of money and that is usually not necessary.
*keeping colors neutral is always good advice.
* Unless something is in really bad shape you shouldn't bother to replace it (example: carpet. Everyone's tastes are different)
* The exceptions to the rule are kitchens and bathrooms where nearly every dollar spent to update those areas will yield good returns and help you sell fast.

Would you like more expert advice about this topic? would you like a free, no obligation valuation of your home?
Please write or call
Yaron Marcus
The Marcus Team at Coldwell Banker
303-484-1186
Yaron@MarcusTeam.com
Three areas that sell a house are the kitchen, master bathroom, and curb appeal. If you can upgrade these areas cost effectively so there is a "WOW" factor, your house should move quickly (assuming it is priced correctly). When preparing a home for market, I prefer that the homeowner works to maximize their investment by making it appealing and "move-in ready". Typically that will bring quick offers at a good price.

Highlands Ranch area is selling very well right now, at a good price. If you you like me to take a look and make some suggestions which minimizes costs, please let me know. I'd be glad to come out and visit.

Jim Garcia
Your Castle Real Estate
720-385-4497
jim.garcia@netzero.com
Suz is right. Neutral colors and light and bright are always good. Elbow grease goes a long ways, clean the carpets, curb appeal, entry ways clean, smells, and anything that will detract from the buyer focusing on your home. Updated kitchens, baths and basements have good returns on investment. Updated wood finishes, cabinents, countertops,floors are all good updates. Keep your home in good condition and tour your competition. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
I put neutral color paint right up there at the top. If the exterior paint is holding up, go after it with any touchups it might need. Keep up maintenance and repairs. Watch for signs and seize on the opportunities to tour Open Houses in your community. You need to see what others have been doing to their homes. I agree it doesn't make sense to install granite counters if all the other neighbors have done that, but you can get a look at the competition and prepare to have your home in good shape for showings, too.

Suz
Flooring, kitchen, baths, roof, paint. Check out my site for my info. http://www.mansfielddenver.com