Kathy Ambros, Home Seller in 33156

We live on a busy street, Kendall Dr, how can I relay to buyers it is still a great house.

Asked by Kathy Ambros, 33156 Sun Sep 9, 2007

That is really a question for your Realtor, He or She is in charge of Marketing your Home.
With that said
I have represented a home on a very busy street.
However it was a great location. great location.
We had taken bids from contractors to put up a large block fence and or a turn around drive way.
You probably don`t want to go that far

Good windows to cut down on noise from the traffic.
I have seen some stagers do a great job. Landscape and curb appeal are big factors
I think the most important thing is your convenient location, name them.
Good Luck
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
A couple of things that have worked in the past.

1. Busy streets can be downplayed by the attractiveness of location, price or some sort of "stand out feature".
2. If it is loud, at a fountain by the door coming in.
3. Leave a tv on during open house of golf, ice skating or skiing shows (play a dvd recording if you have to). Home stagers tell me that this type of background noise actually help bring a sort of connection with the home, something you may need.
4. Crazy suggestion that professional investors do... Buy the property to the right and left of you as properties in a row are worth more and create new buyers such as developers who can put 4-5 houses on three lots.

I hope this helps. My house renovation on a busy street in austin is found in the link below.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
The right price will sell any property. Regardless of whether you live on a busy street - next to a railroad, landfill, industrial park or it is a huge fixer upper.
Price sells anything.
The problem may be what you think you need vs what others think it is worth. Not sure your house is listed or if you are doing it for sale by owner, but if you really need to sell, I'd suggest talking to a few experts and getting some price opinions.

On the other hand if you don't HAVE to sell right now, I'd advise waiting. This market is probably not going to get better anytime soon and you may be best off waiting it out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Kathy,highlight the bkyd if good sz and fenced,other is tell them (if you have children) that you raised your children here etc..Hope that helps.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Your house is in a really good area, very high traffic, nice location. I had a prospect in the same area that I'm waiting to list their property with me.
If you are interested in see my marketing materials we could probably to do some business together,
House sales still increasing compare to the last 2 years.
This is a good time to try an sell your property.
give me a call .

Carlos Escamilla
(305) 300-8814
Realty World Real Estate Center
8501 SW 124 Ave Suite 101
Miami, Fl 33183
Web Reference: http://www.soldbuyrent.com
The best way to convince a buyer that your house is a great buy, is to list all the reasons why you bought it in the first place. Use those reasons in your advertising. If you're listing with a Realtor, be sure to communicate those reasons to him or her as well.
Direct marketing might be your best bet. It may not be the ideal house for children and families, but it might be the prefect house for a doctor or lawyer. Your REALTOR will know which is best to market to. The semi circle drive is also one of the best ways to get around the entry and exit on a busy street.
Selling a property in today's market is not easy, and selling one in a "not so desirable location" is even harder. Kendall Drive is a really busy street and your price will have to reflect that. You will also need all the exposure you can get so make sure you look for a Realtor that has a good Internet Presence. (Googling their name is always a good idea).
Because the location is out of your control, the other marketing factors that are within your control should be considered like staging and making sure the property shows beautifully. Take a look at this article with tips for selling in a slow market.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007