Home Selling in Weston>Question Details

Brian, Real Estate Pro in 33332

We live in Weston and are interested in selling our home in next 6-24months. What is the best time and why?

Asked by Brian, 33332 Thu Jun 9, 2011

Answers

59
Loriann M. Harrison’s answer
Hi again Brian,
I hope the year has been a good one for you. I'm sure you're aware that the market has picked up this year, (thank goodness), however did you know that this is the best seller's market in 7 years?
If you are still thinking of selling your Weston property, I'd like to interview for the job. Feel free to call or e-mail me directly to schedule a confidential and complimentary consultation to see just how we can get you the most money possible.
Loriann M. Harrison
Managing Director
The LMH Luxury Group

http://www.LMHLuxuryGroup.com
Direct: 954-237-0713
Loriann@LMHLuxuryGroup.com
Single homes do not have a "season" as condos do; however, families with kids attending schools prefer to move the kids once the school year is over....
Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220

All Star Realty Inc.
I'd List it High with a Realtor who would accept a 1% or max $2,000 Listing Agent Fee and put it in the MLS at a 5% Fee to any Buyer's Agent that sells it.

This will create a lot of traffic from every Buyer's Agent within 50 miles searching the MLS in that area!

And if the Listing Agent can sell it, keep them have 4%

You can work the realtor points to get the house sold for the highest price and quick sale if you have a Mortgage Broker that knows the deal about real estate commission showing you what to do and who to list the home thru
Dear Brian,

I look at what is selling everyday in Weston. Prices have went up in Weston. Inventory is very low and interest rates are low. There are also many cash buyers. This is a perfect time to sell. You will be surprised at what your home can list for. Contact me for further information.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE http://about.me/HomesForSale_SusanJPennPA
EWM Realtors® | A HomeServices of America Company | An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
2000 Main Street, Suite 103 | Weston, FL 33326
T: 954.306.7337 | C: 954.557.5993 | F: 954.515.0200 | penn.s@ewm.com | http://www.ewm.com
Excellent question which I am sure many home owners have also been wondering about it. The construction market is much healthier, no doubt and it is on the upswing. Many agents who are out there every day will tell you that although the housing market in South Florida has not completely recuperated, houses are being sold every day, at all price levels. My husband works with most major residential window manufacturers in Florida and we have discussed how that particular business is booming since the last quarter of 2011. Is this the much expected turn around? and better yet, is it sustainable?..the truth is, no one really knows. But is it time to sell? A sit down with a good agent should give home owners some answers. Today's extensive and ever growing tool box readily available to all licensed real estate agents via their MLS or other marketing organizations will provide all kinds of data including trends around your specific neighborhood. Those tools, if properly utilized, will assist all sellers and buyers on better determining what's right for them and their families. Good luck!

Linda J. Dunphy
Esslinger • Wooten • Maxwell, Inc., Realtors®
dunphy.L@ewm.com (954) 854-4922
http://www.lindadunphyrealty.com
Hablo Español
Now is the best time to sell. There is no forecast you will gain by waiting, therefore selling while interest rates are low is a good idea.
THE BEST TIME TO SELL IF YOU NEED TO SELL IS NOW, SHADOW INVENTORY ARE HOLD BY THE BANKS RIGHT NOW ,BUT THEY WILL BE IN THE MARKET VERY SOON. WHICH WILL MAKE IT VERY COMPETITIVE., SHORT SALES ARE HOT RIGHT NOW AND ARE BRINGING DOWN THE MARKET VALUE OF PROPERTIES. NO ONE KNOWS HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR PROPERTIES VALUES START GOING UP, BUT DEFINITELY NOT SOON. I'M WORKING WITH MANY INTERNATIONAL AND LOCAL BUYER LOOKING IN WESTON, MY BROKERAGE FIRM IS HERE IN WESTON. DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU "10 THINGS THAT CAN INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR PROPERTY".IT'S FREE TO YOU. RUTH MENDOZA (954) 562-7874
HELLO BRIAN, I HOPE ALL IS GREAT FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I WONDER IF YOU ARE STILL PLANNING ON SELLING YOUR HOUSE OR SOLD YOUR HOUSE. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET, PLEASE CONSIDER THE OPINION ON AN EXPERT IN YOUR AREA. I LIVE IN WESTON FOR 12 YEARS AND I AM A BILINGUAL REAL ESTATE CONSULTANT, MY BROKERAGE FIRM LOCATED IHERE IN WESTON AS WELL .PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A FREE CONSULTATION I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP ! RUTH MENDOZA CELL (954) 562-7874
You just gave your answer. You would like to sell in the next 6-24 months. If you are in a short sale situation, the answer would be to put it on the market now given the length this process will take. Should you have equity in the house and are willing to price it with the market, leave yourself 2-6 months for a move date, longer if you have over priced it. School is out in the summer making it easier on families with children.
i sold my home in boca and want to buy in weston call me 423-383-6666 robert. i am not a realtor. cash buyer and NOT an investor.
Now is the time to sell your house.But be prepared to move out quickly. Because it's possible to sell your house with- in a few weeks in this current market.Call or e-mail me and we can discuss pricing if your ready.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
May office is in Weston off of Bonaventure behind Walgreen. To answer your question as to when or what is the best time to sell and why. Well the answer is: the BEST time to sell is when you're absolutely ready and that's the same answer for WHY.

But when chosing a realtor:

Your selection of a real estate person should not be based on the one who tells you that your property is worth the most money, or the one who makes me the greatest promises. The final decision should lead you to choose the one who is actually going to help you put that money in your pocket..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
The best time to sell is when you have too! If you are not motivated to sell this is not a maret when you can list your home and test the waters …if you do your listing will get stale and it will not help the sale. Every agent will have a different strategy on timing i.e. during season when the snow birds are here etc… it really doesn’t matter who’s here or who’s not here no one is going to pay more for your house than what its worth … so basically I would say it comes down to PRICING not timing. Hope this helps make your decision easier!
How does presumed transactional brokerage in florida affect the listing side relationship with a seller? If a client lists with you as an agent in FL do they get full client fiduciary care or is like the same as the buyer side where both agents are presumed to be working for the transaction? What can't you do as a transactional agent for the seller? In FL, the public is presumed to know that the agents they hire work for the transaction and not the party they represent. The FL legislature passed this no disclosure required, presumed transactional brokerage real estate law right before Gov Bush left office and I guarantee most people have no idea what that means.
Hi Brian. I just saw that you are waiting to put your home on the market. If you're interested in getting an idea of what houses are selling for in your neighborhood (so that when you want to sell your home you'll know what you'll get) please get in touch with me. I'll put you on a drip campaign.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
http://www.BuySellBoca.com
561-445-8743
Web Reference: http://www.BuySellBoca.com
I also agree with the what the majority of agents have already said, sell now. We're rolling into the fall season and it is a great time to sell. Interest rates, on national average, have been appealingly low recently, which will motivate buyers in your area.
Hi Brian. Generally, it's best to put your home on the market between September and April. I've worked with many buyers and that 8 month period seems to be extremely busy with highly motivated buyers.

Just a suggestions - if you are considering putting your home on the market don't wait 2 years. I still see home prices dropping and in 2 years the value of your house will probably be less. The state of our economy, foreclosure and short sales are affecting home prices.

If I can be of further help please don't hesitate to call me at 561-445-8743 or email me at Nicole@BuySellBoca.com.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
We have decided not to put it on the market yet. Stay tuned. Thanks for your inputs. Brian
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
When you are ready to move,that is the best time to sell .
Ideally that time will coincide with a good sellers market.
I live in West Pembroke area, but market homes for sellers and buyers in several other cities.
In my personal experience I cannot generalize the market to say, prices will fall or prices will rise.
It matters the city/the area and supply, which affects price.
I have found in Pembroke Pines/Miramar to have a lack of supply issue, where competition for the listed properties is high by owner/to be occupants and Investors and that may affect the price a buyer is willing to pay for the property he wants. I have found Weston to hold strong in property value and some other cities I market. On the other hand some cities have so much supply that for sellers to get their homes sold over the other 20 on the same street, there are constant price reductions which in turn affects the other sellers on the streets ability to fetch their higher priced similar home.
It is good that you have a wide time frame to work with and are not being forced to make a decision to move.You analyze it and make it when you are ready as I am sure that the market is only one factor affecting your decision and time to move.
Good luck and stay in touch. I am just a few miles, an email and a phone call away if you have a question
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
Hello Brian,

I too agree with the other agents who have responded, sell now! They are predicting the market to decline more next year so chances are you are going to get less for your home in a year from now than you would if you sold today. I know where I am located, inventory is low, buyers are ready to buy and mortgage rates continue to be good. Good luck!

Patty Crawford
916-899-4111
pscrawford@golyon.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Hello Brian:

When houses are priced right to sell, you'll be getting showings right away and have a sold property in two months.

Good luck with your decision.

Peter @ CG Real Estate, Connecticut
Web Reference: http://www.cgrealestate.net
Hello Brian,
I would like to know if decided to Sell your house. My honest response is THE BEST TIME TO SELL IS NOW. Unfortunally the Economic indicators are signaling a drop in prices. According to Fiserv, a Financial analytics company, home values are expected to fall . Fort Lauderdale, Fla.'s forecast is for a 9.2% drop through next June and another 6.7% the 12 months after that. Miami, will endure 13.5% and 5.2% declines, respectively.Several factors will be working against the housing market in the upcoming months, including an increase in foreclosure activity and sustained high unemployment, explained David Stiff, Fiserv's chief economist.

I will be more than glad to help you. I am a Real Estate consultant and a Listing expert , and our office has been many times Award Winner in Selling properties. Please check my professional profile and of my office at http://www.ruthm.browardarea.com. Or contact me :
Ruth Mendoza (954) 562-7874. Email: ruthm1000@gmail.com. All the best !
Hi. Agree with Howards answer below. Since it has been several months since you posted the question, what did you decide to do, and what was the deciding factor?

I hope you called Howard!

Be well
I cannot believe all the strange responses I have seen to this very legimate question. .

There is only one time to put a house up for sale. IT IS WHENEVER YOU DECIDE YOU DON'T WANT IT ANY MORE

If you don't believe me, just ask yourself how you would feel if the perfect all cash buyer at your price bought a similar house down the street next week or next month For full price. Because he did not know yours was available. Would you be happy he gave all that money to someone else? It could have been your money. If you appreciate this straight advice and want more ideas, just call or email me now. I live and work in Weston, and have been a Broker for over 35 years.

Howard Gordon
Broker
Broward Brokers
954-830-5300
howardthebroker@aol.com
Hello Brian,

I received same question on June9/2011, today is Set4/2011. Last three months are reflecting very active market in the beautiful city of Weston...As that date I advised you analyze your necesities first, before considere to sell, i can tell the same today. But if you definetely want to sell, go ahead, market here is good in any period of the year! for sure your house could be sell in a short period at the right price, if your agent do the right work for you. Contact me if you want to discuss your possibilities.

Sonia Martinez
Charles Rutenberg Realty.
(954)709 8899
soniarealtor@hotmail.com
Visit my company page: http://crrsouthflorida.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Because you live in a city where home values stay strong due to the schools, the best time to sell is always Feb.- June. Buyers will be looking to contract, close and move during the summer so the children get into their new schools by August. Buyers also like to do maintenance on the home in the summer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Changes are happening in the western suburbs that may make your property more favorable. There seems to be an increased awareness of the different building department and zoning practices in neighboring towns. Weston may have an increased value as a result of the various lawsuit cases that are ongoing in at least one nearby city. So, Weston's real estate values may be all the more favorable in the near future.

Good luck with the staging and other great suggestions given by others.
please call me, I will sell you home 3 month
the value of property increase day by day, if u sell ur property after large time u can save more money,
considering the market, 6-9 months before you move. there are factors of family,relocation and value of property.
Brian,

Marketing is key! Buyers today, no matter where they live, want to see photos and virtual tours. You must have far reaching marketing that covers all web sites. Buyers today are coming from all over the world.

Weston is an ideal destination for buyers from out of the area to choose. They love the recreational activities and the beauty of the city.

Good luck on making your decision!

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
If you want a realtor that's fluent in English and Spanish and knows how to get you the most exposure worldwide I can be your choice.

Give me a call and I'll be happy to help you.

Claudio Petasne
The Keyes Co
Plantation/Weston/Pembroke Pines
954-260-5570
Hi Brian,
We can tell you are an individual that wants and needs the best and most current information available in order to make an important decision.
The article I've attached with the link below may also help you even if you're not a first time home seller.

Juan
954-663-3132
Again, thanks for your thoughts as this is a very big life changing decision for us.

Back to the subject of choosing a realtor.

What are the various demographics of buyers for this type property in this market and location? Eg. if there is purchasing interest from South American's, which realtors would have the best reach into that segment?

Brian
Hi Brian, The market is depressed right now. There are so many market forces at work, that its hard to say where we will be 12 to 18 months. My opinion, is that we will not see a lot of change, as there is a lot of distressed property that needs to be sold before we see any significant price recovery. That being said, Weston is a highly desirable area, with great schools that holds its value better than the surounding vacinity. Buyers are very picky now as they have a lot of property to choose from. When you are ready, You can get the high range of market value if you prepare the property properly and have a realtor who can provide you with quality market exposure to the largest number of qualified buyers for your home. If marketed properly, you can expect 20 to 40 showings and have a contract on your property in 3 to 6 months.
In summary, my answer to your question is, with respect to value, putting on the market anywhere in the next 6 to 24 months is probably not a factor. However, with interest rates as low as they are now,sooner is most likely better.
Hello Brian,
Stop talking start selling.
Boris
Brian,

I suggest working with someone who stages properties to get ready for sale. In addition to staging for sale they can also stage to live...meaning they can combine the 2 and make suggestions that will not only prepare your home for sale, but make it comfortable for you to live there until you are ready to put it on the market. They will be able to suggest upgrades and decorating tips that will maximize your investment.

I would be happy to give you the name of the Stager that I use. His only interest is to stage your property.

I commend you on taking the proactive approach in preparing your home for sale!

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
The best time to sell in Weston is during the summer months, families with children are looking for top rate school districts to move into during the school summer break.
Including out of state employees relocating to a job in South Florida.
Weston has always been and continues to be very desirable for families.
Very difficult to time the market at this point in time. Being that unemployment number continue to be very high and no sight of improvement this will be a buyers market for a while. I would think for another 2-3 years. I don't know your circumstances whether you need to sell now. If you do consider giving me a call and I can do a comparative market analysis for you of all properties (not just properties sold on the MLS).
In the meantime go to the link below and enter your information and zip code. You'll receive a free comprehensive report of what is happening in your area as far as what your neighbors homes are selling for and what's for sale. This will give you general ideas of what's been happening in the last 3 months.

If you need further assistance I can help you. Simply give me a call. 954-260-5570. For more information about selling your home please visit my website at http://claudiopetasne.topproducerwebsite.com/selling.asp

Thank you and all the best.

Claudio Petasne, Realtor
The Keyes Co. Realty
954-260-5570
Staging is probably THE most important thing that you can do to help your house sell. If you are not planning on staying much longer, you really do not want to put a lot of money in updating but there are a lot of things that can be done to improve & freshen up your house. You can hire a decorator who will help you stage your house or you can call in an experienced realtor who knows what buyers look at & what appeals to them. Personally, I usually do the staging myself & have been successful at completely changing the look & feel of a house to help it appear more up-to-dte and more appealing. You will hear in all the "advice" columns & TV programs to remove all personal items - I strongly disagree! Someone at some point put that out there & it seems to have stuck! You will probably hear a lot of realtors telling you to "put it away". I say just the opposite. I personally like family & friend pictures but they need to be arranged rather than scattered. Placement of furniture is crucial to help make your house look as spacious as possible. Painting is important - especially doors & wood trim. There are a lot of little tips & inexpensive ways to freshen & update. It would be my pleasure to do a walk-through with you to point out ways to improve the look & appeal of your home. My suggestions will most likely mean a time commitment on your part but you seem to have the time & desire. There is no charge and no obligation for this service. You can check out our blog on "DRESSING YOUR HOME FOR SUCCESS!" at http://activerain.com/blogsview/2141221/dressing-your-home-f… or our other blogs at http://activerain.com/blogs/westonproperties then let us know if you would like us to help.
Hi Brian,
You have a very valid concern.

In my opinion, you should start by 'de-cluttering'. You are aware that after 18 years you may have accumulated quite a few 'trinkets'.

Walk through your home as if you were the buyer. Fresh paint in neutral colors along with depersonalizing the home and allowing a future buyer picturing 'their stuff' in the home is a plus.

At your service,
Juan Vazquez, SFR, CPMS
954-663-3132
Juan@southfloridapropertiesandmore.com
One suggestion is that we get our home "ready for selling".

Considering we have done very little to the home since we purchased it 18 or so years ago, how should we approach this?

Should we focus on "staging" or "upgrading" or both"?

Outside of having realtors come thru, any suggestions on someone to bring in and assess what we should do?

Again, many thanks for your sharing of thoughts.

Brian
Hello Brian,

call me, I will prepare comprehensive comparative market analysis for your property. It is free. This analysis is a valuable and beneficial to you and will give you an idea what is going on on the market now, and how much is actually your house worth. And it also will help you to determine when it is time to sell for you. We can discuss the right strategy for you.
Pricing your property correctly is crucial. You want to sell your property in a timely manner at the highest price possible. Current market conditions determine the value.
Pricing too high or too low can cost you time and money. Realistic pricing will achieve a maximum sale price in a reasonable amount of time.
Call me at 954 643 1050 to schedule a listing appoinment.
Best regards
Boris
Hi Brian, at your earlier convenience you can contact me or you can come to my office in Weston town Center to discuss your Real Estate needs. Javier Diaz, Keyes Realtor.
We appreciate your responses and insight. It gives us a bit to consider.

Inventory appears to be steady, down from 2 or 3 years ago.

We are most interested in getting the most equity out of the house, whether that means to sell soon or wait for 2 years or so. At any time we can move out and rent.
Dear Brian,
The answer depends of your necessities; you have to discuss this with the agent of your preference. But a good general advice is: if you have not any emergency , do not sell, WE ARE IN A BUYERS MARKET, this is not the best time to sell, this is a perfect time to buy, nobody knows exactly what date the market is going to turn to SELLERS MARKET, be cautious, and request for reports of sales CMA’s (comparables), and you can determine by yourself if it’s okay sell in 6 or 24 months… or wait for more time.
If it’s possible better get a line of credit and buy another property in this great market, if you need to move out of you area rent it out.

Sonia Martinez
Charles Rutenberg Realty
(954)709 8899
We have been selling in Weston since 1996 (with the exception of the few years we mentioned before) and we have really not seen much fluctuation throughout the year. Having come up here from Coral Gables where the summer is the slowest time of the year, we were amazed at the steady market month after month. Of course, a lot of our sales during the early years were new construction buyers who would have a 6 - 10 month wait and relocation buyers who would be moved throughout the year; now we have a lot of buyers who already live here in Weston and are either buying up or downsizing. The answer to your question: any time of the year is good and we hope that the trend continues! Right now - and for the past year+ - the inventory is low compared to the beginning of the real estate crash where we saw 800+ single family houses on the market at any one time. The inventory remains steady at 315 - 345 houses currently on the market. The good ones - that is those that are updated and well-presented - will sell very quickly and will even sell for a little more than market value.
Hi Brian ,it think now is great moment to sell your home.... prices seems to more stable and Weston houses are moving quick , we have a lot of clients looking for the right home, it could be yours!!!!Mara.
Brian,
The best time to put your home on the market is when you are ready to sell. Of course give yourself enough time for current market conditions. We always see more activity before and during the summer months because that is the most popular time for families to relocate. This allows their children to start the new school year in their new school. Although, because of our unique South Florida market, real estate does remain fairly active throughout the year.

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
Hi Brian, the best tine to sell your property is when you and your family are ready, I'm sure your property is hot and sealable at any time. Letg me know when you are ready. Thank you! Sincerely, Javier Diaz, Keyes Realtor
1 2