Home Selling in Holmdel>Question Details

Carole, Home Seller in Holmdel, NJ

We have what's been called time and time again by many,"The prettiest house in Holmdel".It's 100% custom 6000 sq ft. Where do I?

Asked by Carole, Holmdel, NJ Mon Mar 7, 2011

find a Buyer now? We will put this on the market in approx 6 wks, and only want serious Buyers. Do you have an area on your website that I can advertise this in prior to listing it?

Answers

13
Hi Carole, if I had the opportunity to meet with you my first question would be "What is your primary objective, to sell your home quickly, for the most money or with the least amount of inconvenience?" Having discussed your motivation I would design a marketing strategy that would work towards fulfilling those goals. Whether a home is listed or not, just placing it on a website will not achieve the results you are seeking. Exposure is the key in this real estate climate and using an agent who is savvy in this technology driven world is key. As an ePro, the technology designation from the National Association of Realtors,working at Gloria Nilson, Realtors, Real Living in Holmdel, I have the experience, professionalism and tools necessary to bring you a qualified buyer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Carole your very fortunate that you asked this question. I am very familiar with my top 10 prettiest homes in town i have marketed and sold most of them.
I assume you are suggesting a For Sale By Owner website, to avoid paying a Realtor a commission. If its as pretty as you say do you want to take a chance of selling it short of the potential equity a Realtor may bring you with a qualified buyer.
Do you handle your family's financial portfolio in the same manner. All you need to do with your money is put it on a few blue chips and what your investment grow.
That is just like letting strangers who are unqualified to wander around your home and tell you how beautiful it is, while they unlock an exterior door and come back later on to rob your personal belongings. It has happened in Holmdel. Thank God nothing ever happened to any of my 200 Holmdel homes I marked or sold.
Invest in a Realtor who works full time and lives and works in town. Suggest you don't hire a friend or realative unless you would trust them with your financial portfolio. Commissions are negotiable and if the home sells as fast as you think it will the Realtor will give you a break a piece of the pie is better than no pie at all.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Carole, you actually already have advertised this home to the best people possible, Professional Realtors!! Am sure one of these agents below or in the future would be of tremendous importance to you! Feel free to interview several of these Agents and see who you connect with and truct to market your home. Your Realtor may even have a few recommendations or tips to get this home SOLD quickly! Best of Luck!
Good Afternoon,
Unique homes need to be not only marketed correctly but need to be serviced correctly. Selling your home can be one of the most trying times in any homeowners life. Heritage House Sothebys International Realty not only has National exposure but Worldwide recognition. I am an Holmdel resident for the last 13 years. I would embrace the opportunity to speak to you. Angela Georgalas 732-778-4704
Dear Carole,
Serious buyers will come from Professional Buyer agents. Buyer agents will have thier clients Pre-Quaified for their loans before they bring them to see your property.They will have screened the clients for their "wants and needs" and will have previewed your home, prior to bringing their clients. This is still the very best way to get your home sold.
Your listing agent will know where the most effective marketing will be. I suggest you work with your listing agent on that aspect as well.
Hi Carole,
Looking for serious buyers could be challenging, you want to make sure they are well qualified to purchase your home. A suggestion, reach out to mortgage reps to see if they are working or qualifying any people that are looking for a home in your price range. You can always try FSBO, but I don't think it will bring you much activity. If you decide to interview agents, I work at Coldwell Banker in Holmdel and very familiar with the area. We have a great marketing plan, and can help you achieve your end goal, sale of your home.
Good Luck and if you have any questios, please feel free to contact me at 732 691 1668
Steve Porzio
Web Reference: http://www.stevenporzio.com
If you search the web, you will come up with a few for sale by owner sites where you can put your home now. Internet marketing is extremely important as the buyers are there. You should also do some print advertising and hold open houses, too. A diversified advertising program will reach more buyers than purely an internet based program.
Finding a serious buyer when you are a FSBO is as difficult as finding one when you are a realtor. We do know the questions to ask to screen people, though. The mentality of the buyers has changed in this buyers market. As a seller, whether FSBO or listed with a Realtor, you will encounter many people who are "just looking." Some of these are serious and some are checking out your home for ideas, e!tc.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hello Carole,
That is wonderful that your home is known as the prettiest home in Holmdel, but please keep in mind that when you are selling it, the other key factors the RIGHT BUYER for your home will be looking for. Even a Pretty or Distinctive Premier Home should be updated. Have you over the years maintained/improved or Updated the Kitchen & Baths, Plumbing, Electrical, Roof, Windows other main items of the home as well flooring: Wood Refinished over the years, Tiles maintained/clean grout/ no chips or small defects, etc. Painted & refreshed, if there's older wallpaper are the seems in good condition, or should it be updated to a more current fresh look for newer homebuyers? Not knowing the yr of the home I am just trying to give you some information that will come up as you may already know. I wish you luck selling your PRETTY HOME!!! : )
Web Reference: http://www.Helencocuzza.com
Good Morning Carole, You mentioned that you are only looking for serious buyers for your home and you are right to feel that way. Obviously, choosing an experienced professional to work with you is the best decision to market your home. Many of the buyers that shop" For Sale By Owner" properties are hoping to purchase at a bargain price. Often, they come to the table with poor credit history and/or a property that has to be sold in order to accomplish a purchase. In todays market place it is more important than ever to take advantage of a good Realtors knowledge and experience to assist you in all aspects of this process and to maximize your profit and minimize your stress. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss a marketing strategy tailored to your needs . If you have any questions , please don't hesitate to call. Judy Serhus 732-740-5830
Hi Carole,
The best way to find qualified, serious buyers only is to market your home right from the beginning with a realtor, not as a for sale by owner. If your home is as unique and pretty as you say it is then it needs to be staged, professionally photographed & showcased to wow the buyers from the beginning. It also needs tro be target marketed to high end buyers, not fsbo bargain hunters. As a for sale by owner you would not have the same opportunities to prescreen & prequalify the buyers the way a realtor would without coming off as being a pushy seller. I would love an opportunity to come by and take a look at your home and will be happy to provide you with specific recommendations on getting it ready to sell and what asking price you should consider to attract serious buyers & get it sold quickly for the best price possible. Feel free to contact me.

Joan Congilose CRS,GRI, e-Pro
Broker/ Sales Associate
RE/MAX Central Manalapan
(732) 972-1000 x364
Hello Carole: Having the prettiest home is by far a great start. You are banking on these comments, by many people, to sway an interest to purchase your home. Unfortunately this limits your exposure. Being advertised on the internet is important, but without proper representation you will be short changing your home's potential.

As all these suggestions are very similar, the key is - Will you be able to do everything needed to properly market your property. A lot goes into the entire process. It is not just putting it on the internet and waiting for offers. My suggestion is to interview a few realtors as if you were hiring them for the position. I and my office would welcome the opportunity to interview for the job, to demonstrate what Century 21 Action Plus Realty brings to the table & how we would market your home.

Have a great day:
Bernie
Century 21 Action Plus Realty
732 410 2745
As much as you don't want to hear it you need to hire a realtor. There are so many avenues that you are not able to reach unless you are a realtor. You also need a full time realtor that can focus on marketing and advertising your home to the fullest. Also a realtor that will market and advertise out of your area and has a specific marketing plan for a home like yours. It is a very important choice who you decide to use to sell your home so I would interview a few. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime so we can go over some things and if you do not decide to use myself or another realtor I can give you some helpful hints to sell on your own.

Ron Simone Jr
732-978-0991
Broker/Associate
Hello Carole,
It sounds like your home will have lots of buyer appeal and I suggest that you contact an experienced and knowledgeable local real estate agent to assist you with the marketing of your property. Having maximum exposure on the internet is critical so make sure that element is key when selecting an agent to represent your home.
The Trulia web site does not allow for sale by owner listings but once you are on the Multiple Listing Service with a real estate firm then it will appear here. However; you may wish to post a blog about it beforehand.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty