Home Selling in Rogers>Question Details

Iwana B. Mov…, Home Seller in 72764

We have had our home on the market now for 9 months with no offers. We have dropped our price $45K dollars and are at $69 dollars a sq. ft. What next?

Asked by Iwana B. Moven, 72764 Sun Apr 24, 2011

Answers

4
Have you had any luck since posting this question? It has been a tough market but homes are selling. I have had the best Summer ever in Real Estate! Make sure your home is showing up in search engines and have good photos - and the maximum amount of photos - our mls allows 16 pictures. Staging is also a good idea if you haven't tried that. Best wishes - I hope your home sells for you!
Web Reference: http://www.NickyDou.com
Web Reference: http://www.NickyDou.com
Are you getting showings? Are the number of showing comparable to other homes in your price range?

If so -

What has been the feedback?
You mentiond that you are at $69/sq' but how does that compare to your neighborhood sales.
How does your house compare to others in the neighborhodd - get appointments and check them so you can compare - take an unbiased part with you so they can compare your home to the others on the market.

If you are not getting showings
What is the marketing plan and how has it been executed.
Does your home stack up or exceed the others that have sold. It starts with the appearance of your home and then how it is communicated to the potential buyers.

In my opinion you need to answer the above before you can determine "what next".
Also, you might have your listing agent check to see how the photos are showing up online. Most buyers nowadays first start looking online. If your home is light, bright, decluttered, neat, clean and staged, then have the agent re-do the photos to freshen up the listing. Also, is there a virtual tour online? Can the buyers access the listing from their smart phone? Is there an 800 number for them to call for more info? Is the listing agent calling all of those inquiries back? If you aren't getting any showings, it's one of two things...the photos look bad online or the price is too high. If it's priced right now, all the marketing in the world won't help if the photos don't show the home well online. If the photos are great....it's definitely the price.

Good luck, and I hope you get it sold soon!