Rachel, Home Seller in 76706

We have been on the market since thelast week of August and have only had one person come to see our property.

Asked by Rachel, 76706 Wed Sep 9, 2009

We dropped our asking price 2 weeks ago by $6900 and still no interest. Is anyone else in the Waco/Robinson area experiencing anything similar at this time? Is it the market or is it our home? What's the deal? We really want to sell, we are serious about it but we just cant get anyone in the door.

Answers

9
I didn't know that if you had a so-called bad Realtor, you could just drop them and get another. How does that work?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 25, 2010
First, Check the Appraisal Office in your county- just enter "McLennancad" into GOOGLE, and see what the MARKET price is for your home. A lot of Real Estate Agents are trying to seel property ABOVE current market price, hoping to get a larger comission.
Second, do NOT lower you price - instead bait your OTHER hook - namely the AGENT'S hook. If you had instead offered the "SELLING AGENT" a bonus of $5,000 to sell the home within 90 days of listing your home on the market, I can almost guarantee it would be sold within 90 days - as long as it is in good condition and not missing anything like a bathroom, etc.
Since Agents work on COMISSION, 99% will work hardest to sell the homes with the largest commissions. I know I sold Real Estate for a long time - I did well in this field, because I did not care about the COMMISSION - I was more interested in finding the RIGHT home for the RISHT people, and when you do THAT, the commissions will fall into place, and you will do really well - even in a bad economy!
Bruce Lynn is on track. I would be interested in reviewing the total picture. What is the market in your area doing? What is the market for your style, condition & price of home? The mantra "Location, location, location" has probably changed to: Location, condition, price, amenities and number of ready, willing and able purchasers. It's good to know what the average number of days it's taking to sell similar properties. Knowing what's reasonable will help you formulate a plan & keep you from self destructing from panic.
I'm surprised that your agent has not communicated with you about whatever issues there may be regarding the lack of interest in your home. He or she should have made suggestions about lowering the price, staging the house, repairs that might be needed, more aggressive advertising, etc.. If your agent isn't actively working with you to solve the problem, you should be looking at listing with another one.

My sense is that the problem is probably a too-high price. After all, virtually any house will sell if priced right, even one that is a disaster area. Price it low enough, and someone will buy it. I'm sure your home isn't in terrible condition, but it may very well be significantly overpriced for your neighborhood. Ask your agent to show you recent comparable sales.

Good luck to you.
In our area lots of pictures and virtual tours are the key to getting buyers to look at your property. Do you know where your agent is listing your property on the internet? Buyers are doing alot more searching there before they even contact a REALTOR.
In our Waco area, as in any area, there are several factors that have a major effect on the successful sale of your home.
Pricing: Is your price at, above, or below market?
Location: Are you on a busy street? In a well-maintained area? Etc.
Marketing: Are you using an agent? Is your agent aggressive in marketing your property? What techniques are they using...agent tours, online marketing, professional photography?
Staging and Curb Appeal: Most people should ideally pack up appx 1/3 of their belongings when putting their home on the market. Also, curb appeal has a huge effect on the ability to get buyers in your home to begin with.
Busy season purchase any home between April - August then families are settled in with school and headed for holidays

Listing agent for DOM for homes past history sales during this time

GOOD LUCK

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Offer incentives such as paid moving expenses, gift card, extra commission to buying realtor, open house, advertise in the newspaper or local home selling magazines. Take a look at planting new flowers, brighter colors in the house, warm candles.

Steve Head
Your Texas Lender
Texas Premier Mortgage
17030 Nanes Dr. St 107
Houston, TX 77090
O 281-893-6401
http://www.txpremiermortgage.com
What does your realtor say?
Could be price range?
Could be marketing?
Could be the market or location?
How do your pictures look?
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX