Home Selling in Great Falls>Question Details

Nels Hollo, Home Seller in Kalispell, MT

We have 77.7 acres irrigated crop land and double wide mobile home on highway.View of rcky. mts. west of Fairfield. What would be a fair asking price?

Asked by Nels Hollo, Kalispell, MT Wed Aug 10, 2011

Gravity water fed pivot owned by lesor. Spring wheat planted.

Answers

2
Kim Martin’s answer
I would start by asking what year and size is the mobile home? Also, does it have a permenant, financeable foundation?
The other thing to understand would be that it is very hard to purchase land over 40 acres in size. Someone like NW Farm Credit Services may finance, but it would take quite a bit of a down payment I'm sure. I guess what I am saying it, the harder something is to finance, the less it is usually worth...
Since you don't own the irrigation system, the trailer is probably worth about 20,000; the land is probably worth about 97,500 so combined, the property is likely worth $115,000-120,000 tops. You may get it to appraise for a tad more but, I doubt it.

BPO