Chris And Ja…, Home Seller in Sunrise, FL

We have a 4 - 2 1/2 townhouse on a lake in western Broward County FL to sell; an excellent location.

Asked by Chris And Janis, Sunrise, FL Sun Sep 30, 2007

We have a 4 - 2 1/2 townhouse on a lake in western Broward County FL, an excellent location. But it's 15 hears old, hasn't been redecorated and has no upgrades. 24 months ago comparables were selling very quickly in the $300-350K range. To prep for sale on a continuum of clean up and sell as is through redecorate with kitchen and bath upgrades what makes the most financial sense. Time and finances for prep are not an issue. ROI is the goal. Want to sell within 12 months. Alternatively we would consider renting for 2-3yrs if there is a reasonable probability of a stronger market/higher value a few year down the road.

Answers

8
Hello Chris,

Hereby my website where you can do market research buysellhomesinbroward.com
Prices are going up like quickly at the moment. If you can rent out your property and have a positive cash flow then this can be a good way to go. The question is if you sell how are you going to invest the cash. If you think you can get an higher return on on cash if you sell the home, then sell it.

I hope this helps.

Jacques
Give us your feedback. Did you find a real estate agent?
Did you sell your property when you need it to sell?

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Did you meet with a realtor yet?
Hello Chris and Janis,
The market today it is better than 6 months ago: we are low on inventory (lenders are slow to foreclose on non paying homeowners and do release few homes up for sale) which puts a pressure on property price...
I'm a Realtor since 1985 and a landlord of couple of houses since 1987; I have lots of experience in both fields... . If you can hold out and rent for a few years, it is very possible that value will be higher.
Please keep in mind that once you rent the property, you will no longer enjoy the Homestead exemption savings...

Please contact me if I can be of assistance.
Chris and Janis,
The best thing to do is to meet with a Realtor that specializes in your area. They should be able to bring you a current Comparative Market Analysis which will show you what similar properties are selling for in your area, and also what is currently on the market so you will know what the competition is. This way you will know if it is worthwhile to put any money into the property or sell it the way it is. Once you know what similar properties are selling for, you can make an informed decision as to whether or not to put yours on the market now, or wait for values to increase.

I specialize in Southwest Broward County and would be glad to help you. Please visit my website and contact me for a free Market Analysis.

Stefanie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 29, 2008
Hi Chris and Janis
I firmly believe for the quickest sale and best price, with the least out of pocket expense, the property has to be 1. freshly painted walls, 2. new carpet 3. impeccably clean inside and out!. The garage has to look like a garage with room to park a car, 4. Declutter 5. Depersonalize. (no wallhangings, no photos, no figurine collections). You're going to be moving anyway, right. So why not start packing up.) The property has to look like its ready for the new buyers, NOW! And 6. the yard is kept cut and green. If you want to know what the neighbors have been selling for, and how long it took, request my automatic notification of sales for your community. I'd love to talk Real Estate with you. Give me a call! Cynthia Drucker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
Hello Chris, Janis,
Because West Broward has many properties for sale available, yours will have to be in the top of the curve, meaning the lowest price..if you don't have all the upgrades, then you need to have the best price, so it can be marketed as such..and sell it !! 'real' buyers are out to get the best deal and they will look at many properties, compare and usually buy lowest price due to the "buyers market mentallity"... if you can wait 3 years do so, otherwise call me/ cesartherealtor.com
Hello Chris,
I'd love to help with a projection date if you could provide more info's; i/e: zip code, square ft etc.
Best ROI on upgrade comes of course from general condition, but Kitchen and an entertainement area (bbq) will work and it's quite affordable.
After 15 yrs, I'm sorry to say........ you'll need to update restrooms, probably A/C and most surely the roof, which is one of the element Bank look at first to fund a loan.
I firmly believe that market will kick up in 2/3 years, or as soon they decide to apply the new property taxes laws.
Don't forget to trim trees and landscape, some paint wouldn't be bad idea either; if you brought it 15yrs ago and did not get tricked by latest mortgages traps, I would estimate you'll need about 10/15 k leaving you with plenty of equity.
If you need further assistance check the reference link and contact me.....I'm pretty sure I can solve it within 12 m;0nths!