Crista Walsh, Home Seller in 55303

We have a great agent who is marketing our house well. Is there anything else I as a seller can do to help?

Asked by Crista Walsh, 55303 Sun Jul 6, 2008

attract a buyer?

Answers

13
Aaron Dickinson - Edina Realty’s answer
If you are getting no/few showings, it is all about price.

If you are getting a lot of showings but no followup interest, it is all about price.

If your agent is doing everything right on the marketing, there is little else to do!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2008
Lots of good information here!

Check with your agent and see if she will help you throw a private open house party for all of your friends and family. That will give them a chance to see your home, pick up some information (fliers), and ask them to tell their friends. You agent can do the invitations for you and make up some nice fliers or brochures. They might even provide some of the food.

Have a big yard sale (you need to unload some of that stuff before you move anyway) and tell everyone who comes to the yard sale that you house is for sale (make sure you for sale sign is in a good spot) and put a flier in everyone's bag when they buy something from you. Your agent might even help you with signage and advertising.

If you are on social media sites, blogs, and email... Ask you agent if they have any links or blog post that you can forward around to your friends and family. Make sure you go to your agent's Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts (or whatever they may have) and comment on the posts about your house and "like" them.

If you have any websites or blogs, provide a link pointing to websites that show your property.

Then... Like everyone else said... Listen to your agent and keep you house as clean and clutter-free as possible.

Good luck and I hope this helps! Anoka area homes are selling and hopefully you will be one of them.

.
....listen to her.

;-)

Good luck, sounds to me as though you are on the right track.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Crista, ask your agent to take you on a tour of the competition properties. This will help you see what you are up against and give you ideas. Be sure to wear your buyer hat. Then come back to your house and do the same. This always helps my clients to see things that are preventing their home from selling. Good luck to you and your agent!
The link below is that advice I give my sellers. Maybe it will give you an idea you haven't already thought of.

Best wishes,
I found from your profile the MLS number of your listing. If you have a blog, website, facebook profile, etc post a link to your property there. I would have your Realtor claim the listing on the link below so their contact information is listed directly on the page or post the link to your Realtors brokerage site where their contact info is shown so that buyers can contact them.
A lot of good advice below. I'd just suggest staying in regular contact with your agent, stay on top of the situation, and tell your agent exactly what you asked here: "Is there anything else I as a seller can do?" Just reinforce the concept that you understand that it's a team effort, and you're willing to consider doing whatever he/she suggests to sell the house. Sounds like the two of you have a good relationship. That's very important. Congratulations!
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
I concur with all of the cleaning stuff. I'd like to mention about the feedback. As a buyer's agent, I get lots of requests for feedback. Sometimes the agents or the sellers get really irritated if I don't get back to them in a timely fashion with feedback. It merits mentioning that when I'm working with several buyers at once, especially relocation buyers, I'm really preoccupied with what they've hired me to do. There are times when I'm literally working round the clock to get things done for them. So, if there is a delay in feedback or none at all, it's not because the agent doesn't think it's important, but we are trying to address the needs of our own clients. If we show 13 properties to one client and 7 to another in one day, that's 20 feedback requests and we just can't take the time to do that for you. If our clients are interested in your home, we'll let you or your agent know. Beyond that, the feedback goes way on the back burner in deference to what the buyers need us to do.
one more thing. clean out your closets if they are not already. i hate opening a door and the stuff comes falling out on me. plus, it makes me think there must not be enough storage in this house.

and i can't tell you how many dirty sinks, tubs, and showers i have seen. YUK.
let them show it whenever they can. if possible don't require a 1 or 2 day notice.
i have seen some homeowners post their own ads like on craigslist and they will answer people's questions and some will tell the people to contact their realtor. i have found some listings that way.
sometimes people do not leave when they are suppose to be gone, and that is a little nerve racking when they follow thru their house like a puppy. so don't be a puppy. :)
these points are from a buyer looking.
and the clean thing is a big plus.
also have things open and unlocked, like sheds etc. that the realtor does not have a key too.

this one property i went in, the owner was gone, but she had candles lit all over the place. it was very nice atmosphere. i found myself blowing them out before i left. it is a fire hazard so i wouldn't recommend it, even tho i was impressed. it ended up being one of my favorite houses tho.
you could have lamps and lights on in every room. she did that some also and it was nice.
Keep your house clean, presentable, shows well, and be flexible when people calls and wants to see the house. Make it easy for showing and don't be in the way when people are there.

Ask your agent to get feedback and current comps periodically so you can assess the situation,. Keep ahead of curve instead of chasing the curve.

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Yes, make sure you are not home during showings! Also, make sure your neighbors are on board and won't sabotage your home sale. Good luck,

Tni
Just keep it clean, clutter-free, and ready for showings. And listen to their recommendations!
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley,…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA