Home Selling in Moraga>Question Details

brucebolt1971, Home Seller in Moraga, CA

We have a condo in Moraga on Ascot Drive. 2 Bed 2 Bath 986 sq ft. What could we get for it?

Asked by brucebolt1971, Moraga, CA Sun Mar 10, 2013

Answers

5
Bob Wegener’s answer
Hi brucebolt1971,

To accurately answer your question would take more information. It depends on the complex, the condition of the unit, and the location within the complex to name a few items.

As a range price, based on recent sales and market condition, I would say $220k - $260k+. Again, to narrow this down, I would need to visit the property, which I am happy to do for you.

If you are considering selling, now is an excellent seller's market!

My office is in Moraga. I am happy to help.

-Best,
Bob

http://www.orindahomesearch.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
Your square footage suggests that your unit is not in Ascot highlands (the garage units on top of Ascot, thus your unit is a better chance of having a car port. The value depends on which project the unit is located as well as it's condition. Gven this, you can only expect a price range, 250K to 325K, is likely a reasonable value in this market, seeing the unit is answer for the questions of project, unit location and condition. An off market Ascot Court, 1100 s.f. unit with a garage is in contract for over 350K. So condo values are pushing upward as well as single family homes.
With all due respect to the author of the previous answer to your question, the 2/1 with 1,152 sq. ft. sale in November was in Miramonte Gardens, a much different property than those typically found on Ascot.

There was another Miramonte Gardens 2/2 with 1,134 sq. ft. that sold at $375k. Again, a different animal.

While the comparison sounds favorable to you, it is really apples and oranges. The range I gave you in my first answer to your question was based on recent sales located on Ascot Dr. with 2/2 and between 800 - 1,200 sq. ft.

-Best,
Bob
Hi Bruce,

There was one condo that sold in the area in November last year for $250,000. This condo was slightly bigger than yours at 1124 sq ft. Using that number as a benchmark, assuming the home is about the same and adjusting by square footage your condo would be about worth about $219,306 at that time. The housing inventory has been extremely low which has been driving prices up lately. Within 3 miles of your house the entry level to the market is about $500K. Since Moraga is very desirable, many people are trying to get in, and there are no homes in your price range I would bet it would push up your homes value right now to $240,000 - $260,000. This estimate is done site unseen and obviously the market would determine the final value of property but I think this range would be where to start. Contact me if you would like me to take a look at your home and try to get a better estimate.

Gregg
There are zero on the market right now under 1100 sq ft. A two bedroom one bath townhome sold in November for $331,000. With the proper presentation and pre-market promotion, you could get that and probably more. But there are many pitfalls I see sellers falling into, so I would recommend asking a lot of questions of your realtor about how to avoid them before you sign any agreement. You don't want your property coming back on the market, you want to choose the right buyer, and not let them get cold feet! Good luck.