Home Selling in Chelmsford>Question Details

Denise, Other/Just Looking in Massachusetts

We have a 4 bedroom 2 and half bath home in the Farms in Chelmsford. New heating system, recently remolded

Asked by Denise, Massachusetts Wed Jun 11, 2008

entry, living room, and family room. A detached 3 car garage, almost an acre. Across the street from Thanksgiving forest. We bought 2 years ago planning to be able to stay for years. Job situation is changing and we may need to make a move out west. The master suite has an older bathroom which is the major downside to the house. We would be happy with breaking even on the house to be able to move. Do you think $420K is a realistic selling price for that area of Chelmsofrd?

Answers

6
Hi Denise,

It would really be hard to give you the best answer without seeing the property. Having lived in Chelmsford for a long time now, I know that the Chelmsford Market is very strong and properties usually go quick in the area. I would love to assist you in any advice that I could possibly lend to you with the home. Please feel free to call me and we can go over the property to assess the best value on your home, and go over many ways for marketing the property.

Justin Melo
Bettencourt Real Estate
978-758-5028
Hi Denise,
It wouldn't be fair to answer your question without seeing your property. Call me and I can at least look it up on the MLS and give you an estimate. Ideally we could set up a time that is good and I could come by and give you a more accurate selling price. As always there is no fee for this.
Vickie Collins
978-758-0309
Hitchin'post neighborhood is quite popular. Are you around there?
You did get some good answers but your location and the style of the home would be helpful in determining your asking price. Colonials do sell better out here.
Hi Denise,
The best comp for your home in the last three months is 8 Comanche Circle. It is also a 4BR 9RM Ranch and has 2.5 baths. You have about 140sq.ft. more and an extra garage space. 6 Longspur Rd is similar and under agreement. the asking price was $419900. It has 1 less bedroom and garage space. My advice would be to go on at $420 and listen to the market. If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Mike Giles
978-882-4659
Hi Denise,

Your location is very good - - that is a plus! Location location location has always been and remains rule #1. (Some Brokers will say it is really Price price price, these days, however I still believe in the location rule as well)

Secondly, it will be helpful to know how many square feet of living area in your home. All of the other benefits and improvements sound lovely and I agree with Mike that proper staging goes a long way in getting top dollar for a home in this market.

The way to get the most solid answer is to contact a Full Time Realtor for a FREE Comparative Market Analysis. I will also be glad to do that for you, and am fairly local as well so that will be to your advantage.

Feel free to contact me as well at 978-877-8087.

Vanessa, GRI, CBR
http://www.VanessaR.net
978-877-8087
Hi Denise,
It certainly sounds like you've done a good amount of work and have a nice home. Currently the average listing price in Chelmsford is $428K and the average selling price is $342K. On my site, using the MarketSnapshot, you can see days on market, listing and sale prices. Unfortunately, it might be a bit of a challenge, but if the property is in good condition and properly staged, you might be in good shape. I'd be happy to prepare an estimate of value and discuss some of the aggressive things that we can do to "make you whole." Feel free to call or email anytime. (A few other things that I need to consider is square footage, lot size, style and year built.)

Good luck and best regards,
Mike
http://www.mphughes.com
617-610-0716
Web Reference: http://www.mphughes.com