B, Home Seller in Jacksonville, FL

We currently own a 3BD/2BA condo in the Southside/Avenues area of Jacksonville. We are looking to relocate ASAP and are willing to sell it at a

Asked by B, Jacksonville, FL Sun Nov 1, 2009

significant loss. Is this a bad idea and are deeply discounted units even being purchased in the area right now?

Answers

8
I am a disabled Northerner that needs to relocate hopefully before winter sets in up here. How much are you asking and do you have any photos?

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009
There is a program out there for you that most agents aren't even aware of. I pride myself on finding these programs to help struggling homeowners like yourself. This gives me an edge in the market and makes me the expert "go to" person on these matters. I have plenty of references as well. Call me at your earliest convenience so we discuss the program and get you excited about moving forward with your life.

Danielle Rivers
LifeStyles Realty
(904) 566-0062
"Let the Rivers Move You"
B,
My name is Kareem Tannous and I am a local REALTOR, employed by the most prestigous Short Sale Negotiation Firm (REA Holdings Group) in Jacksonville. My office is in Southpoint. We would be more than happy to assist you with your home selling need. Please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email at anytime.
As far as your question is it a bad idea to sell at a deep discount, unfortunately IT IS, although the current economic situation is forcing you to deeply discount the price to sell your condo. PRICE is the ONLY thing selling homes today.
As far as your credit goes, a short sale is the best scenario for you if you HAVE TO SELL and want to avoid foreclosure or deed in lieu of foreclosure. A short sale is listed on credit as a SETTLED ACCOUNT PAID FOR LESS THAN FULL AMOUNT OWED! I want to also inform you that you DO NOT have to be late on your payments to initiate a short sale through your lender. The other option is to come to the closing table with the difference in the sales price and your mortgage balance(THIS OPTION IS THE MOST VIABLE -- IF YOU CAN)
Again, please let us speak together at your earliest convenience to discuss your situation in further detail.
Kind Regards,
Kareem Tannous
Acquisitions Manager
REA Holdings Group, LLC
6821 Southpoint Drive North
Suite 121
O: 904.296.6143
F: 904.296.4074
M: 904.894.5430
E: kareem@reaholdingsgroup.com or jaxrealtor4u@gmail.com
B,

The answer to your question really depends on your personal situation. If you have to relocate you could sell at a loss or rent it and wait for the market to rebound to a point where you won't be losing money.

Prior to deciding to become a landlord you have to take a few things into consideration. First, what are your monthly mortgage, insurance and condo fees. Can you rent your condo for the sum of those three things? If not, can you pay the difference each month and still afford to pay a mortgage on a new home where you are relocating to? Second, are you willing to deal with the maintenance issues for the condo from a distance or will you employ a management company to do that for you? Thirdly, can you set aside money each month for inevitable repairs when the tenants move out?

If you can't deal with being a landlord and must sell because you have to move then you must ask yourself if you have the money on hand to pay off the balance of your mortgage. If not, you may be in a short sale situation which can hurt your credit.

If you are considering relocation only as a convenience (and not forced to due to job or family obligations) you may want to stay put and wait for the market to rebound to a point where you can break even.

The best way to understand your options is to have a Realtor you trust complete a market analysis for you so you'll have the best data possible for making your decision. If you need help, give me a call.

Scott Sullivan
Prudential Network Realty
3535 Highway 17, Suite 10
Fleming Island, FL 32003

C: 904-327-5676
O: 904-269-1716
Scott.Sullivan@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com
If your home is priced right and positioned in the marketplace correctly, it will sell. Contrary to what the media says, there are buyers out there. September home sales jumped 9.4% & was clocked the largest monthly increase in 26 years.

Shonda Sauls, REALTOR®
Prudential Network Realty
Cell (904)962-6139
Office (904)260-4300 #327
Fax (904)292-2060
It would depend on what your motive is for relocating, and how quickly you need to do so. I just sold two units in the area and the seller's did take a loss on what they originally paid. It would really depend on what you paid and which community. Certain communities are no longer allowing certain types of financing which can limit the number of buyers you are going to be able to sell your unit too. If you would like to discuss further and what your options are please feel free to contact me at 904-476-5539.
If you are interested in selling your home now, we are interested in buying it. If you would like to rent it out we will get you a pre-screened tenant with out of pocket fees from you. For details call me or visit this link to our site http://www.freedomhomefinders.com/?p=1742

Natosha
Managing Partner
Freedom Home Finders, LLC
office: 904.685.6333
email: info@freedomhomefnders.com
website: http://www.freedomhomefinders.com
B,
Homes are selling in all areas of town right now. It ultimately is going to come down to price and condition. Selling it now may be the right option, but there may be some alternatives. The best thing to do is weigh out all the options available to you. You may want to consider renting the property out. If the numbers make sense on the rental side, it may be worth hanging on to it for a bit, and wait until the market rebounds. I would be happy to talk with you about your options.

Matt Carroll
Rocknhomes of Vanguard Realty
904-534-7814
matt@rocknhomes.com
http://www.rocknhomes.com