Home Selling in Kansas City>Question Details

Dyamonds4, Home Seller in Kansas City, MO

We buy houses are they legimitate company? Does anyone have a legimitate company I could use in the Kansas City, Mo area.?

Asked by Dyamonds4, Kansas City, MO Thu Jun 30, 2011

I Have been trying to sell my home for a while. No takers only lookers saying how they really love it. So I thought about using some company that buy houses. I dont know where to start I live in the Kansas City, Mo area.. I know will probably lose a great deal of money, but I need to sell. not desperate though). Yes, I do have it listed with a Real Estate company. Soon as I can get it would I plan on moving to another state, but my home is holding me back. I dont know where to start.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Answers

9
There are many companies that advertise "We Buy Houses". Some are novice real estate investors who went to a seminar and have no experience or capital. It's critical that you investigate any company you might sell your home to before signing anything.

There is only one national company authorized to use the "We Buy Houses" brand and federal trademark, and that company is WeBuyHouses.com. There are many imitators and scammers who might attempt to use this brand without authorization. Please be careful when dealing with any home buyer.

A LEGITIMATE home buyer is going to offer you cash for your home, at a discount from "retail" value of between 20% and 40% depending on condition and the local market. Of course "retail" value is somewhat subjective.
Web Reference: http://www.webuyhouses.com
Please do not change Agents:
You are not listening to the Agent you have, so it wouldn't do any good.

You are willing to sell to a "BUY HOUSES" company for 30 to 40% discount, but you aren't willing to lower the LISTING PRICE so that your Agent can sell it:

We have found that about 98% of the time, when a house hasn't sold, it is because of Price.

Good luck and may God bless
Are you still looking to sell your house? I know some investors that may have some options for you.
Email me the address and you phone # and we can talk.
Steve Hulme
I would be happy to talk to you about your home, and what we can do to help you, or lead you to someone that can help.

Have a great day!

Bryan Dahl
PrettyHouses, LLC
http://www.prettyhouses.info
816-728-8696
I currently work with some investors that are looking for houses in Kansas City market. As you can imagine each house has a specific set of circumstances surrounding it which consequently determines what price an investor might want to pay for your home. I'd be glad to talk to you about your specific situation and present your situation to the investors.
Give me a call on my cell phone anytime and I'll be glad to offer any assistance I can.
Steve Hulme
(913)707-3800
Reece & Nichols Overland Park
Short sale it, so you don't have to bring money to closing. However, if you do a short sale, Missouri is a non-recourse state, and you could possibly have a tax liability. If your lender releases you from all liability at closing you will be fine
.
I have worked in the short sale business for some time. If your property and yourself qualifies for a short sale you need to have a professional that has the experience and the team of legal professionals on staff to help with any issues that might arise. You do not want to pay for these services upfront. I have been in the financial industry for over 35 years and my team has many combined years of working in the short sale industry. I am a Broker/Associate with Keller Williams-Southland Partners with over 80,000 agents nationwide. Please contact me for an evaluation of your situation. Contact information : 1-816-210-2282 or rhoward@rhproperty4sale.com.
Good Afternoon,

Is your property currently listed in the MLS? In this market properties have to be competitive. Local, national and international marketing is important. If you want to sell it quickly, you have to have it priced to sell and marketed to the right buyers. I would be happy to take a look at the property for you and give you my opinion and some tips on getting it sold.

You can call me anytime direct at (816) 217-6028.

Christine Anderson
REALTOR®, CDPE®
Century 21 All-Pro
Direct:(816)217-6028
They are legit but, don't expect to get market value for home if you use them. They buy at wholesale and below so they can turn a profit.

Make sure that your agent is doing a lot of on-line marketing of your home and that your price is right to attract an offer. You can reduce the price a little at a time until you get an offer. Make sure your curb appeal is stellar and that the home is clean, smells good and new buyers can invasion their things in your home. So make sure you de-clutter.