Home Selling in Woodburn>Question Details

Delia, Home Seller in Woodburn, OR

We bought a house 2 yrs ago in Woodburn, $210,000 2411 sf. Tierra Lynn Dr.

Asked by Delia, Woodburn, OR Fri Mar 20, 2009

Now husband lost job & my hours are cut. What are the chances of selling?

Answers

5
Hi Delia,

Any one of us would be happy to speak with you further regarding your options. I would like to offer you a copy of my book "How to Sell Your House for Top Dollar, Fast" , and also a copy of my "Room by Room Review" which has 101 tips for getting your home ready to sell, and helping it to "show" better. This will be valuable information for you, should you decide that selling is your best option. My sellers have really appreciated these tips in the past. Also, I have some free reports on my website for sellers at http://www.MelWagnerBroker.com. Just look on the left-hand side and you will see a button for the free reports.

If you have any questions, or would just like to discuss your options, you are welcome to call me direct at 503-931-1846.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Warm regards,

Mel Wagner, Broker/Realtor
Coldwell Banker Mtn. West
Salem, OR
http://www.MelWagnerBroker.com
Delia,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, prices have been falling all around the North Willamette Valley. You may have a variety of options. Whether you can sell your home depends on a number of factors, including how much the property is currently worth, how much mortgage you have against the property, how much savings you have, whether your mortgage company may be willing to do a "short sale," and other things.

The best place to start is to get an idea of what your home might sell for in the current market. I also can help with that if you'd like, but would need more info about the property. After you know what the property is worth, answers to some of those other questions will indicate the best course of action for you to take.

Best Wishes,

Craig Loughridge
Brysone Realty
Yes, sorry about the typo, only 1411 sq ft. I do love the house but circumstances aren't helping.
Hi Delia - I did some research and am pretty sure I found your home - looks like you are 1411 square feet rather than 2411. And it looks like it was a pretty nice home when you bought it 2 years ago. There's currently one home for sale on your street that's similar in age and size and it's listed at $170,000....but in looking at the photos - it doesn't look anywhere near as nice at yours.

There are currently 10 active similar listings ranging in price from $100,000 - $269,000 in your area - in the past 6 months, only 1 similar home sold and it closed for $215,000. It doesn't appear that very many similar homes have sold in your area recently - but all it takes is one buyer and giving it a shot at trying to sell doesn't cost you anything but maybe a little time.

It looks like you had a good down payment when you bought the home so have a lower loan amount - we may not see your home sell for what you paid for it, but looks like it would sell for enough to pay off your loan and fees to sell and maybe walk away with a little money in your pocket to tide you over until you get back on your feet again.

I work with a top notch team at Keller Williams and we would love to help in any way. Just give me a call if you'd like to set up a time to talk and see how we can help.

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker & Loan Officer
Keller Williams Realty & Sunset Mortgage Co.
Ph: 503-516-1637
Email: LetUsGuideYouHome@comcast.net
Hi Delia,

I would be happy to do some research for you and put together a market report for you of homes that are currently for sale in your area, and also what homes have sold, and at what price, in the last 3 months. In order to provide you with the most accurate information, I will need your complete address. You can email this to me privately at MelWagnerBroker.com. Also, you can provide me with any additional information about your home.

Homes that are priced right are selling, and there are some great incentives for buyers right now. Our office has seen an increase in sales in the last couple of months, so chances are good that you will be able to sell your home, but I can tell you more once I have done some research.

Warm regards,

Mel Wagner, Broker/Realtor
Coldwell Banker Mtn. West
503-931-1846
http://www.MelWagnerBroker.com