Memom, Home Seller in Coeur D Alene, ID

We are upside down in our home and need to sell- we are relocating to a new state. Short sale app was rejected, what are our options?

Asked by Memom, Coeur D Alene, ID Mon Feb 27, 2012

We aren't sure how much we are underwater, but my guess is we could probably sell for about 30-40k less than we owe. Since our short sale app was rejected, can we take out a loan to cover the shortage? Basically coming to closing with cash to handle the shortage? What are our options? It is quite important that we not have a short sale, foreclosure, or bankruptcy on our credit, but we have to get out of this house even if it means we take out a loan to cover the shortage.

Answers

5
If you have not heard of HAFA (Home Affordable Forclosure Alternative Program) check this link. It is also a short sale program, but not through your bank. I just became aware of the program and am not affiliated in any way. It does sound like a viable alternative, however. Good luck.

http://www.bestshortsaleagent.com/HAFA_Program/page_2248428.html
There are options to work with the banks to get a loan on the difference. Give me a call or email if still interested and haven't resovled. Have done this with a few sellers that also didn't qualify for short sale. I'm in CdA.
Lea Williams, Assoc Broker, Tomlinson Sotheby's. lea.williams@sothebysrealty.com
Did you ever get your home situation resolved?
Did you sell it or rent it out?
Is renting the house an option?
Your first step to have someone help you with a comparative market analysis to ensure you price your home properly. Also, talk to a mortgage broker to see if the extra loan is a possibility. If you are interested in talking and/or setting up an appointment for an analysis you can reach me at c21bond@gmail.com, or by phone 315-243-7504. Thanks, Deb