Home Selling in Palm Bay>Question Details

Jarnstein1, Home Seller in Palm Bay, FL

We are thinking about selling our home in Palm Bay, Florida. How do we know what we should be asking for?

Asked by Jarnstein1, Palm Bay, FL Sun Dec 29, 2013

Who do we contact to get the information on what we should list our home for?how do we list our home?

Answers

6
Good Morning!

Your first step is to partner with a licensed real estate agent. If you can get a referral from someone you know, that is a great way to start. Don't be afraid to interview more than one realtor to list your home. You should feel comfortable with your realtor and trust that they are working in your best interest.

They should furnish you with a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) on your home, in order to assist you in pricing your home for sale. The CMA uses other homes in your area (I try to stay within a mile if possible) that have sold recently (within the last 6 months, also if possible) that are within a range of other specifications of your home (i.e.; year built, square footage, bedrooms/baths, pool/no pool, garage, etc.). Your realtor should also share with you how your home will be marketed, assistance in staging your home for sale and "listen" to you about your expectations.

It is up to you to set an appointment with a realtor and I would certainly welcome an opportunity to present to you a CMA on your home and discuss how I would market and work with you toward your goals.

I hope this has been helpful and I look forward to speaking with you further. You can reach me either by text or call at 321-292-9222 or via email at smith.anne1112@gmail.com

Anne Smith, Agent
Adair Real Estate Services, LLC
1900 S. Harbor City Blvd, #103
Melbourne, FL 32901
http://www.adairrealestateservices.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Your best bet would be to ask a reputable Realtor in your area to stop by and do a complete and thorough Market Analysis.

The emphasis should be on what homes like yours have recently sold for. Find out what the average price per square foot is for recently sold homes and then take that figure and multiply it against the number of square feet YOUR home has in order to get a baseline on pricing.

From there you adjust up and down for things such as the size of property, condition, amenities, extras, and other stuff that you think would make your home more or less valuable than other homes in the area.

Give yourself a pep talk before you do and make a commitment to be brutally honest about pricing. We all tend to emphasize the great things about our own homes when planning on selling in order to trick ourselves into thinking that our home is worth more than it really is. The worst part of this is that we don't KNOW that it's not worth that much because we tend to believe what we WANT to believe. Commit to going with what the data says and err on the side of caution.

That being said, the "side of caution" is a truly a little more aggressive in most areas right now with the way prices have been rising.
Web Reference: http://plymouthhomes.tv/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
I would be happy to help you list your home! If you can email me your address of the property to be sold and I can come over to your home, update you on the current market, and what I think we should list your home at. My email is kaceesorden@gmail.com
Or call 321-591-8674
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
I have an office on the corner of Malabar and Emerson in Palm Bay.
I work for a well known real estate company with offices nationwide - Coldwell Banker.
I'm very familiar with the Palm Bay area and can let you know the market and selling value of your home and advise you how I can market your home.
Check out my statistics on Trulia; and I look forward to hearing from you.
Phil Rotondo, Realtor, ABR, SRES, e-PRO
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
Palm Bay
1-321-698-5893
mailto:phil@321property.com
Feel free to contact me, I will be happy to put together a Comparative Market Analysis of your home to help determine what your Sale Price should be.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Karin Loomis
Realtor®
karin.loomis@yahoo.com
http://www.karinloomis.com
Coldwell Banker Res RE
1491 NE Emerson Drive
Palm Bay, FL 32907
Golden Realty Group of Brevard, LLC offers an Award Winning Free For Sale By Owner program that can help you take the worry out of pricing your home. We will show you the methodology of how to price and keep up with the selling trends as they happen. Give us a call at (321) 243-4892. Golden Realty Group of Brevard, LLC also offer a full variety of real estate services too.