Home Selling in 77008>Question Details

Kathy Schroe…, Home Seller in Fredericksburg, TX

We are selling property in the Timbergrove area, sell for land value only, how do I contact builders?

Asked by Kathy Schroeder, Fredericksburg, TX Mon May 26, 2008

We do not want to go through a realtor, we would like to sell to a builder. In this area the existing homes are being removed and new homes built. Located in Timbergrove Manor, I noticed many lots with new construction. The lot size is 8125 Sq.Ft, we are asking $325,00 for the property. Directly behind this home is a new home under construction. This is the trend in this bedroom community. My email address is mschroeder12@austin.rr.com and number is 830 997 1917. Again, Selling for lot value, drive by only.

Help the community by answering this question:


Kathy you will want representation from a qualified agent. An agent that is willing to discount their commission or work on a non-exclusive basis will not be the bulldog negotiator you need to achieve the highest price for your home.. I've lived in Timbergrove since 2005, and just recently moved. It's my favorite jewel in the city, the neighborhood is undergoing a great deal of renovation and your property is definitely in high demand. I highly recommend teaming up with someone who understands the area, the implications in supply and demand for the area, and understands the price demand for the immediate future.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Alot of good builders are using agents. However, I agree with the answer above. That area is hopping, so look for builder signs and call them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 26, 2008
Kathy, I do not work in your area. However, if you your property is in high demand builders will be looking for you. As far as working with a realtor under certain conditions, I don't think you are going to find many jumping at the chance. We are governed by rules and regulations and a listing agreement protects broker, agent and the seller. We cannot legally get involved in a situation without a written agreement. Surely with all the new constuction going on in your area there are signs with the builders contact information on them. How about the old fashioned yellow pages? Best of luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 26, 2008
We would be interested in working with a realtor with solid working relationships with builders. However, we do not want a formal listing, but will be willing to offer a finders fee for bringing a builder to the table to purchase this property. If there are builders interested in this area, I have driven around the area and see new homes being built on almost every street. The older homes are being torn down and new homes being built. This is a very sought after area. We will work with realtors on certain conditions. We would like to have the house sold by the end of June. I have one builder I am talking to now, but I would like to discuss the market with other builders/realtors.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 26, 2008
You are asking real estate agents how to contact builders. You obviously realize the value proposition that agents bring to helping you sell. Work with an agent and they will market the property better than you can by yourself.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 26, 2008
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
WOW I would still obtain a real estate agent that can represent you in the contract there are many builders that will take advantage for sellers, sounds like a GREAT deal, till you find out differently.... GOOD LUCK
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 26, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer