Home Selling in Arbutus>Question Details

Rebecca, Both Buyer and Seller in Maryland

We are looking for a licensed real estate agent who has experience in the 21227 area to help sell our house.

Asked by Rebecca, Maryland Sat Aug 1, 2009

we are moving out of state and would like to know what we should be expecting to pay in real estate agent fees?

Answers

6
I sold a home this year in 21227 and I have one listed there now. I would be happy to help. I suggest that the listing agent's brokerage receive 2.5% and the buyers agent's receive 3%. That's a nice compromise and still allows incentive for the buyers agents to show your home.
-john
Hi Rebecca,
I can see by the various answers from realtors, you might be even more confused. By real estate law commissions are negotiable.There are some companies that are full service companies that provide excellent marketing for your home. Just like there might be some agents that do not provide many services and will charge a lower commission. But be careful what you wish for In this market! A lower commission does not mean you will necessarily net more in your pocketbook. A full time, experienced agent knows that it does not pay to cut corners. You want to make sure that you are giving a decent commission so that you receive more exposure (more showings) to the marketplace. The more showings you receive, the better chances of an offer in a shorter period of time.I would certainly recommend asking various questions before you make the decision as to who to hire as your realtor.
How long have they been in the real estate business and are they full time?In this market you need someone full time that is knowledgeable and knows how negotiate you the best price for your home and at the same time protect your biggest investment
What type of a marketing plan do they offer to get your home sold?This will allow you to see how they will sell your home and the differences between companies
Do they provide a market evaluation of the home?This will help you decide the proper pricing of your home
Are they members of the Multiple List System? You want to get more exposure by having your property Multiple Listed.
Does the realtor have references you can call or letter of recommendations from past clients? I always provide either letters or phone numbers for my future clients to contact past clients and tell them to ask the question, "Would you work with Donna again, if you were to buy or sell another home"?
As a realtor for over 25 years, I hope this information helps!
Donna
donnawis@verizon.net
Hello Rebecca, if you still need an agent contact me as my company can help you sell here and buy another home out of state and save you some money while doing it. Full service brokerage with a commission rebate available. All my best, Cher
Hi Rebecca,

I would be glad to help you list your home in Arbutus. I presently have a home in Arbour Manor, Elm Rd on the market and I'm very finiliar with the area. My family is local to the area and have many contacts to help market your home properly. Check out my website at http://BenIrby.lnfre.com/

Ben Irby
Long and Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Annapolis/Eastport
240-508-0228
410-260-2800
ben.irby@lnf.com
Hello Rebecca,

I too am familiar with the Halethorpe/Arbutus area and would love to discuss the opportunity of working with you to develop a marketing plan that would work best to get your home sold for the most money and the least amount of time. As you are aware, Realtors earn their income by getting the job done, not by having it sit on the market.

There are fees involved, such as commission, taxes, recordation fees, etc..when you sell a home. When you move out of state, there "might" be additional taxes to pay, but it depends on your situation. Each situation can vary from another, so without sitting down with you and getting more details it is hard to advise you on that based on the information given here. Commissions for Realtors are always negotiable, but you want to be sure you are getting the best for what you are paying.

We are seeing many buyers right now and homes are selling if they are marketed correctly and priced right.
Please contact me and we can set up a time to go over all of this together. I will also give you a Competitive Market Report so you will be able to have information to base decisions on for the sale of your home.

I look forward to speaking with you more and hopefully working together to get your home SOLD!

Kathy Dawson, GRI
kathydawson@championrealty.com
410-507-8970
410-451-7619
Web Reference: http://www.kathy-dawson.com
I would be more than happy to meet with you and talk with you about fees. The listing fee that I charge is based on the condition, location and how quickly I feel your house will sell. Give me a call and I will be happy to come out and talk with you about selling your home. I just closed on two homes on Friday...let your house be the next!

Also, there are some fees that you need to be made aware of when moving out of state. If you move out of state before your house sells, you can be charged an "out of state" seller tax. Give me a call and we can discuss. I have never charged more than 5% total fees (for both the buyer and selling sides of a transaction). I love the Arbutus area and have a lot of friends in that area. Let's set a time to talk.

Tina Beasley
Associate Broker
Real Estate Professionals, Inc.
443-243-1832 Cell
Web Reference: http://www.tinabeasley.com