dmprich, Home Seller in 68135

We are getting ready to sell our house. We have painted and decluttered. I am not sure about staging. We do not have much landscape.

Asked by dmprich, 68135 Thu Sep 5, 2013

Do you have any tips for staging the inside? Do you recomend we do anything with the outside?

Answers

12
Staging can make all the difference and doesn't need to be extensive or expensive. Your agent can give you recommendations.

Lisa Wetzel and Jim Valentine

Certified Distressed Property Expert, CDPE
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410
775-781-5472 Lisa
775-781-3704 Jim
775-781-3703 Jessie
http://www.carsonvalleyland.com
http://www.experienceispriceless.blogspot.com
carsonvalleyland@hotmail.com
The exterior of your home needs to have curb appeal, the interior needs to be depersonalized, decluttered and I recommend " Start Packing". I recommend you schedule an appointment with a Realtor, so they can recommend what needs to be done to get you the best return for your investment.
Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss further 402-819-8553.

Cindy Keil
REMAX Professionals
402-819-8553
The outside has to have "curb appeal" which gets the people to want to check out the inside. Color, simple, neat, with clean lines is what makes a house look appealing. Landscaping stone or mulch that compliments the house color keeps a clean look against the foundation and adding some solar path lights helps as well. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 3, 2013
You definitely need to make the outside appealing in order to get potential buyers to come inside. I would also take down as many picture from the wall that you can. They can be a distraction to a potential buyer. Can you rearrange your furniture and store extra chairs, end tables and coffee tables to give the room great flow and openness? When you put your home on the market and have showings scheduled, put a roast in the crock pot or burn a pumpkin or apple cinnamon candle. If gives a homey feel and helps buyers to imagine themselves living there.
I have a list of 30 ways to get the highest price for you house. Call me so I can get your information and send it to you!

402-714-5715
Web Reference: http://OmahaHomeShop.com
Im out in your area in 68136 and one thing I would suggest is keeping toys out away and make sure there are no animal smells. Its first thing that puts off buyers. Take some furniture out and make sure grass is mowed. I would also recommend getting a pre-inspection it will save you money in the long run since you can use a handyman. Buyers will normally require licensed contractors. If yiu have questions call me 699-9555. I work for Deeb were not set at a 6-7% commission my goal is to put as money as possible into your pocket.
- Keep your lawn nice (grass mowed, weeds picked, don't leave garbage cans out).
- Clear your counters! It is hard for people to picture their kitchen with your gadgets all over.
- Clear out closets. Box up clothes you won't be wearing. This can help to make your closets look bigger.
- Make sure the house is aired out and does not have odors (smoke, pets, etc.)
- Clean, clean, clean!!

It is definitely a sellers market right now. Good luck to you!!
Keep the interior clean and organized, keep personal pictures to a minimum, fresh smelling rooms, and you want visitors to see open space not clutter. If there are too many out, most clients stop and look at family photos you want people to see the living space not the current family that lives there. The home should show personal touches but still be able to have the potential buyer see beyond those things.
The outside should be clean, neat and look fresh.
It sounds like you are off to a great start! Be sure to always have fresh towels out in bathrooms, beds made, quality greenery/plants to warm up the space, and modern wall art. If you are not comfortable having an agent like myself over to your home to give you some personalized suggestions, I would strongly recommend you tour several model homes to see what I mean by modern wall art and greenery, etc.

Fresh mulch around trees/flower beds and a new planter with fresh colorful flowers near the entry goes a long way on the exterior without a lot of cost. I would also recommend a new, appropriate-sized exterior mat with a freshly painted exterior door!

I wish you all the best! If you are interested in a free consultation for a few more personalized tips, please feel free to call, text or email me. I also live in your zip code, 68135. Have a great week & good luck!

Gena Schriver, 402-320-HOME (4663)
Gena@YouMatterOmaha.com
A lot of stagers provide consultation for a reasonable fee. I often bring in a staging profession for consultation, but typically Realtors will also provide you with staging tips. I have a few on my website as well.
Great question. Most houses require staging, and you are smart to consider the outside as well. I provide professional staging for all of my listings. Removing clutter, extra furniture is a good start. Houses that are properly staged will sell 67% faster. You have heard the saying that people eat with their eyes first? And so it goes with the presentation of your house. People will look for a well cared for a home street-side with nice curb appeal and then will want to see more. If you don't have much landscaping consider placing seasonal plants in pots on the steps or patio, hanging plants and maybe an attractive door hanger. Homes should not be listed before they are market-ready. I would be happy to help you stage your home to give you the best market advantage possible.

All the Best,

Lisa Andrews - Realtor
402-490-0995
http://www.lisa.andrews@cbshome.com
My best tip is to keep the staging simple. Use the bare minimum amount of furniture to show how the room can be used.

As for your exterior, if you've already painted, then it's just about keeping the landscaping clean and green. Remove any dead or dying plants.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com