Home Selling in Arcadia>Question Details

Summertime, Home Seller in Arcadia, CA

We are considering selling our three bedroom home in Arcadia. Should we wait to sell? Are property values likely to increase?

Asked by Summertime, Arcadia, CA Sun May 20, 2012

Answers

10
Long story short, figure out why you want to sell. Property values are extremely likely to increase.

There aren't that many homes on the market right now and there are lots of people who want to buy a house in Arcadia. Your 3 bedroom should easily sell for $950,000-$1,500,000. We would need to look at the specific area to lock down the price.

If you have a home in Arcadia, then you know that property values are closely tied to the school system. It's one, of many, reasons why the same size home in Arcadia will sell for almost double that of one in the surrounding neighborhoods. Arcadia is doing a lot of work to improve the school system already in place; just look at new school construction, educational rankings, etc.

-William
"Your Trustworthy, Professional, & Reliable Realtor"
310-256-3729
GoldenLandInc.com
Now is a good time to sell. Are values likely to increase? They are pretty stable right now. I would say most of your decision will depend on what your next step is. Give me a call or email me and I would be happy to help you decide which route to take.

Michelle Gonzalez
RE/MAX College Park Realty
562-572-5224 Cell
Michellegonzalez411@gmail.com
Summertime..

I read your question and comments to the other fellow agents and sees that you are interested in selling this property and purchase 2 other properties for yourself and your mom. If that is the case my recommendations would be to start selling. Arcadia has steadily increase in value in the past years while other locations have plunder. its true summer is the best time to sell because people with children utilizes that time to transfer between grades. but, it means the market will also be flooded with people who want to buy @ the locations where you are trying to buy your 2 new properties, so the knife cuts both ways. I work with many Investment companies, the ones who are building the big homes in the area, who will buy your property with cash. so if you are interested in selling, give me a call and I can get you some cash quotes and you can use those quotes to consider if it is the right time for you to buy or not. so call me and I can schedule a meeting and get you some real cash quotes. 626-242-4088 Paul Cheng or email me at Paulrealtor@yahoo.com
Are you in any kind of financial stress? If you are capable to maintain the property expenses, and do not have to sell, then don't. We have experienced sales volume growth each month since Feb 2012. Summer is just around the corner, and it is usually the peak time to sell in a year whether the market is up or down. Real Estate always repeats its own history. We are seeing steady home prices now. Although no one could accurately predict the future, we certainly have a track of current market condition indicator pointing towards upcoming momentum. However, if you are looking to relocate, NOW is the time to sell and buy in low. Call me if I may assist you further, 626-757-9977. http://www.Han-Liu.com
Wait until next year, you will be glad you did. If the inventory is low in your location as this realtor below states, then that means prices are going UP and will continue doing so until the inventory matches the demand---essentially you can only make more by waiting, prices will not fall any time soon so I wouldn't be in a rush to sell. Sure you can sell as prices go up, but you also will have to buy something. I'd wait!
Dear Summertime,

Real estate has their cycles. We are almost at the bottom of this cycle. Sell at low, buy at low. No one can guarantee how much it will go up or go down. Properties values are likely to increase in the next few years according to many statistical projections. Arcadia prices has been holding very steady. If you are looking for exponential growth, you may want to look into adjacent area to Arcadia where prices still has no yet stabilized.

Please feel free to contact me with no obiligation for a FREE comparative market analysis of your home. Thank you.
Hello "Summertime"-- IF, for reasons known only to you, you want to sell your Arcadia house now (within the next three months or so) and your asking price is commensurate with condition and location, you should not be disappointed in length of time and value received for its sale. Values will slowly but incrementally increase as the months go by and we distance ourselves from the challenges of the past few years. Should you be looking to sell within the next month or so, like the others who have replied to your question, I would be happy to provide you with a Maximum Value Home Audit for your ready reference.

Gene Glasco
Arcadia Resident-57 Years
Realtor-SRES, e-Pro
Century 21 Ludecke, Inc.
(626)456-4366 Direct
http://www.GeneGlasco.com
Much depends on your situation. Selling is a very personal decision. That being said, the future is not predictable. While there is much going on that seems to give rise to optimism, like business indicators and drops in unemployment, the situation in Europe is already affecting the stock market (significant drop last week) will that impact our economy and the Real Estate Market? I think yes if Greece ends up out of the European union.
So again, it comes back to your situation.
Right now, the market is hot. Inventory is low and demand is high, it is spring/summer and the buyers are out looking. Good properties do not last long on the market. In my opinion, at least for the short term, I forecast property values to increase.
Arcadia and San Marino is my home market, Call me 626-358-2360 if you have any questions or you need any help
By short term, do you mean a couple years?
Flag Sun May 20, 2012
Thank you.
Flag Sun May 20, 2012
Hi!

I work at Coldwell Banker in Arcadia, so I know the market very well. Right now is a perfect time to sell. There is a lack of inventory, which means not many people are selling, so houses that are listed go pretty quickly.
I would be more than happy to send you a Comparative Market Analysis. Please call me with any questions you may have.

Kelly Andrews
(626) 673-0388
Thank you.
Flag Sun May 20, 2012
If you do not have tax consideration and do not need to sell now, it would probably be better to wait for a couple of years or even longer.
Thank you for your honest response. Do you recommend an objective source (website, blog, association, etc.) which might provide me more information about the Arcadia real estate market? I live with my mom and we are low income, so our home is our biggest investment. It has increased in value dramatically since we bought it in 98. I'm not sure if this is because they are building much bigger homes on our street, Camino Real, or because of the school system. I'm just concerned that the value has maxed out. Our long term goal is to sell it and buy two small places, fully paid, one for each of us, in decent locations somewhere in LA County or San Diego, or both. But if keeping this home would be the best investment, then we would keep it.
Flag Sun May 20, 2012