jollymon50, Home Seller in 08527

Washing machine was removed & the water in the hose leaked on the sheetrock. Do buyers get estimates that I review or just repair & request?

Asked by jollymon50, 08527 Wed Dec 19, 2012

If it is you are the seller of the home and you are aware of a leak that caused damage even after you are in contract you are still responsible to repair the damage before the closing so just have it repaired.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2012
Depends on how bad is the damage and how much area of sheetrock got affected. If the damage is minor, then repairs should not cost a lot. One time leak do not cause any major or structural damage.
Either or both can get an estimate. The seller may choose to fix it, give a credit for it, or do nothing at all. The buyer can also do whatever they want. If you are using an attorney you can talk with them as well.
I surprised that there even was any damage. You could offer to have it fixed or give credit and let the buyer choose which they prefer.
Yes, I would take the estimate I got for the repair and then pay the buyer that amount.
Hi jollymon50,

I would personally get my own estimate and then offer the buyer a credit at closing for the amount of your estimate. If you go ahead and fix it the work may not be acceptable to your buyer, therefore I recommend giving the buer a credit. Hope this helps