dancemate03, Home Buyer in Plainfield, IL

Want to sell my home but my Realtor tells me something totally different.I don't agree....

Asked by dancemate03, Plainfield, IL Sun Aug 17, 2014

Should I "fight" it or listen to her.

Answers

7
Many times the biggest issue can be price. If you're getting no showings in todays market, you're probably too high. If you're getting showings and no offers you're probably a little too high.
Location and condition effect the property price and a detailed market analysis of previous sales in the area should be able to help you and your broker set the price accordingly.
Buyers are educated with all of the resources online and very fickle. Now is a great time to be selling your home as in our area, as there is a shortage of inventory.
Hope this helps.
I would interview at least 3 agents to get an opinion on the value of your home. If they are all telling you roughly the same amount then definitely you need to listen to what they are saying.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2014
Just like getting a second opinion for doctor or getting a few estimates from a contractor for a new roof or windows it is important to get a few real estate brokers to give you their opinions of what needs to be done before selling or how to stage the home to get the best outcome. I think its important to find the right fit when you interview a Realtor this is your financial future, so it is important to feel completely satisfied with them, trusting they have your best interest in mind.
Since we don't know what the issue is we can't give an honest opinion. The agent works in the field and is supposed to guide you accordingly. If you want to challenge something she recommends then do so directly with her. The fact that you haven't told us what the issue is makes me think it has something to do with price or presentation. If you have to question your agents expertise then maybe she isn't the right agent for you, not sure.

Chris
LEt's see, your REALTOR believes they should be compensated for helping you sell your home.
And you Disagree.

Let's see, your REALTOR suggest listing your home no more that 15% above community values.
And you Disagree.

Lets see, your REALTOR suggests you should not allow FIDO to roam freely during showings.
And you Disagree.

Let's see, your REALTOR suggests a BROKERS open is required to get your home into the working inventory.
And you Disagree.

Maybe your REALTOR suggests that your home located 4 miles deep inside a GATED community, with 4 or 5 turns involved, is a bad candidate for a Open House....
and you Disagree.

Your REALTOR, who assists others in the purchase and sale of dozens of houses every year just might know what they are doing.

However, DANCER, providing a clue or two would prove benefical.
Without many details the question can't really be answered--really depends on the issue....
Dancemate,
Im not sure what the dispute is, But I would sit down honestly and have a meeting and discuss your un happiness with the situation... If you cant agree or if you cant work with that agent... ask for release.. In finding Realtors, It may be a good Idea to interview several and go over your property in detail... Find your perfect match and you should be all set... Remember to pick one who is both a good match, but is also telling you the truth... otherwise, This will be a long process...