Home Selling in Mariposa>Question Details

Mia G~Maripo…, Real Estate Pro in Mariposa, CA

WHO HAS THE BEST ADVICE FOR FOLKS CONSIDERING A SHORT SALE? I WANT TO HELP.

Asked by Mia G~Mariposa's House Hunter!, Mariposa, CA Sat Jul 11, 2009

Answers

5
The best advice would typically come from a real estate professional experienced in short sale transactions. Assuming loan modficatjion has be looked and not a viable option, the real estate agent can explain the short sale process to the seller, pros and cons, setting their expectation accordingly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 7, 2011
I think that it is important to thoroughly understand the short sale process, and also the California foreclosure process. Also, it's best for buyers and sellers to work with experienced agents.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 7, 2011
My best advice would be to ensure the home owners actually qualify for a short sale option. Check the IRS website as well as lender websites and various ACTs put in place to guide those interested in short sale options. You will find majority of home owners do not qualify for this option. Depending on the individual's situation there are many options available. Learn all you can before putting yourself and families in a situation that may result in failure. Best of luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 7, 2011
Short sales are probably more widely used than most people think. The real determination is made by the lender. I have even seen sellers of investment properties accomplish a short sale. It's all about preparing the lender required documentation and being prepared to follow through with the lender's procedures. Seek out an agent who has actually been through the process a few times, and you will find the journey will generally be a smoother one.
FIND A VERY PATIENT AND KNOWLEDABLE FULL TIME AGENT WHO CARES.......