Melleng33, Home Seller in New York, NY

WASHINGTON SQUARE. COOP. 1400 MAINTAINENCE. MANAGED BY ALL (14) COOPERATORS WHO MAINTAIN IT WELL. WITH THESE ANSWERS, CAN YOU VENTURE A PRICE?

Asked by Melleng33, New York, NY Mon Sep 13, 2010

Answers

6
Hi - That will certainly depend on the view and the condition so there will be a range for sure. You can expect a broad spectrum between 900-1300/foot. I would be happy to help you refine that if you can provide with some further information on the apt and building. Also, I would encourage you to read up on my company, Rubicon Property, the first and only social entrepreneurial real estate brokerage firm in NYC. Every time we do a deal, we set aside profits and build a clean water well in the developing world. Feel free to reach out to me directly at 212-203-9561 or via email, jason@rubiconNYC.com. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Jason Haber
Web Reference: http://www.rubiconNYC.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 13, 2010
I would be happy to conduct a free home market analysis for you.
Feel free to call me at any time at 917-334-8990 or you may fill out the form at http://www.nychomevalues.org

Michael
Web Reference: http://MichaelDvorkin.com
The market price of any apartment depends on location, size, condition, whether co-op or condo, monthly charges and amenities, and how these factors interact with demand.

The very best way to know the list price for your apartment is to request for a Comparative Market Analysis from a real estate agent (often called brokers in New York City). I would be happy to provide you with a CMA, just send me an email or call. There is no charge or obligation for this.

If the apartment needs work that will lower the price. If the monthly charges (maintenance for a cooperative, common charges for a condo) are low relative to other similar apartments, that will raise the price.A laundry room is an amenity and certainly raises the desirability, and hence the price, of your apartment.

I know of three co-op apartments for sale in the Greenwich Village area, not so far from yours, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Two are around 800 square feet in size and both recently renovated; the third one is a large duplex that needs work. The listed prices are $650,000, $750,000 and $850,000, respectively.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of service ~

Karla Harby, VP
Charles Rutenberg Realty
kharby@crrnyc.com
917.365.0876
As a real estate broker for more than thirty years, and long time Village resident, I have watched property values in this neighborhoom appreciate considerably, seemingly immune to the gyrations of these past several tumultuous years in the real estate realms.

That said, however, every apartment must be considered on its own merits and ultimately, it is only worth what a buyer will pay for it: overpriced properties take longer to sell and require 'price adjustments' and are often the most painful path to finding a purchaser. Best is to do your homework and find the comparable apartments which have RECENTLY sold: similar size, square footage, views, condition, etc. and try to price it reasonably if you wish to sell with alacrity. I can make a site visit to help you with this sort of thing or contact me to further discuss selling your apartment. Boiling things down to a price per square foot is not always the best way to assess or view a property but in the Village you can certainly garner at least $1,000 per square foot and usually more! Maggie Hopp, CEO Hopp Property LLC, Maggie@HoppProperty.com 212 947 0578
You need to review similar sold properties in the immediate area in order to make a good determination of value--and then much will depend, on size, condition, etc. Consider contacting a few agents from different realty companies and ask for a market analysis--then make your determination.
Self managed probably means low maintenance. However it's hard to give a price with out the monthly charges.
It would fall between $1.4 and $2.0 in my estimation.