Tonythom8, Home Seller in Birmingham, AL

WANT TO MAKE QUICK CASH SALE FOR HOME PAID FOR, WHAT IS GOOD ASKING PRICE?

Asked by Tonythom8, Birmingham, AL Sun Jun 12, 2011

Answers

10
Hi Tony. I see you have received lots of good advice. The first is to hire a full time Realtor. One who can give you good solid advice; who knows the market and can help you along the way. A Realtor who doesn't mind giving you the real facts, even if you don't agree with them. The first problem a lot of home owners have is that they start with what they want to get out of a home sale rather that to start with what the market will bring. Unless you are up to date on the sales in the past 6 months, it would be hard to guess what your house is worth. And if, someone over the telephone can give you an estimate without visually looking at your property, you need to run. When you say "cash sale" to me, it almost suggests that you don't want an inspection and want a quick deal. With today's inventory of great deals, what does it matter if it is cash or a check from a mortgage company. If you are willing to listen, I would be glad to help you. But I promise I won't just tell you what you want to hear. I will only tell you honestly what the market will bring for you. If you have more questions, you may text or call me 223-5570 or, if you prefer, you can email you questions to me. JThrasherSells@gmail.com Good luck on selling your home.
Ask full CMA on it but high light the fact that it is in move in condition, If you have to give a little back, put it into allowances that can be had at closing, you know a $1000 for flooring, $500 for window upgrades, etc...., but if you want a quick sale and lots of lookers leave the price right at market value, give the Broker the usual 5-7% which they split with buying agents, but put an extra $5000 into the equation for the the selling agent that cements the deal in the next 30-60 days. Advice you Broker that they can phase it as 3% seller, 3% + $5000 buyer agent.
Tony,

I would love to work with a seller who has a great home that they would sell quickly. My definition is a good asking or listing price would be one that is 10-20% less than the market demand at the time of sale. Market demand is determined by what buyers would be willing to buy at that time. SO your realtor you would work with should be able to get with you and present a market trend analysis for your property and then you should choose the lower end pricing scale to move it quickly.

The market trend analysis shows price trends over the past twelve months, and the amount of time property is on the market before sold. All this in turn lets you know if your property is in a buyer or seller market for your neighborhood. If in a buyer market, you will need to go with a lower price for a quicker sale.

Does this help you, Tony? Do you have more questions you need to ask? Call me, 205.451.8889
Yes, you should hire a Realtor, and I agree with Charita, no Realtor is going to touch that question and even if they did, you gave no information on the home. No one can state the value of a home for a quick sale just based on a zip code, unless you want to sell it for $1.00.
Web Reference: http://www.pauld-kw.com
You should find out recent solds in the area. And, price accordingly taking into consideration the condition of the property and surrounding properties.

People will want to know about the school system, too.

Wondering why you need an agent? We have access to most of the information needed to price and sell the property. Plus, once it is in MLS, agents throughout the area will know about the property and can provide that info to people they are working with who are potential buyers. Remember as a for sale by owner, if you cannot show the property, it is in a sense, off the market.
Hey Tpny!! Well, you have already gotten some pretty responses to your question but the best thing you can do is call someone with access to the sold comps in your area, I would not suggest going back any farther than 6 months. I would be happy to help you out if I can. Just call me if ya need me. :) 205-369-5725 Good Luck!!!

Lori Weidenbach
Offer owner financing, after hiring a Realtor
Agents have great access to data through the MLS system. They can show you average prices for the neighborhood and average days on market based on price. You need this data so that you can make a good decision about the asking price for the home. Typically the lower the asking price in comparison to the average asking price in the neighborhood results in less days on market or a quicker sale. My best tip use a full time real estate agent who is familiar with the area where the home is located. Good luck, Scott
Web Reference: http://www.randshomes.com
This sounds like a question that no real estate agent is going to touch with a ten foot pole. I suggest that if you want the answer to this question that you hire an agent (if you can find one that won't feel like you'd use them for info and then toss them in the wind).
Tonythom8,

Please do not try to sell your home yourself by soliciting price quotations over the internet! Of course, you have not furnished enough information for anyone to give you any guess at the value of your house, but that does not matter. Get together with a local real estate professional who market your house at the correct price and represent you in the process of the sale. The very tone of your question makes me fear that you are opening yourself to a slick operator who will under price your house, sell it to a friend or buy it himself in order to make a personal profit at your expense.

Please get professional help. If you do not know a Realtor that you can trust, ask friends and relatives for a suggestion. Good luck!