Larry, Home Owner in Vero Beach, FL

Value of my house

Asked by Larry, Vero Beach, FL Sat Apr 14, 2012

Had a concrete slab poured outside my house to build a screen room, now the Vero Beach administration people tell me I cannot build a screen room, why not tell me this when I applied for the concrete permit, explained all of what I wanted to do before asking for the concrete permit. Does the concrete slab and the four rooms that I tiled add to the value when selling
my house, replaced carpet in those four rooms?

Answers

4
Value is in the eyes of your buyer! If a buyer doesn't want or need a concrete slab, it has no value to them. If the tile and carpet are NOT the buyer's style, then again it has no value to them. The good news is that if someone is wanting a slab and they love the new flooring... then there is value, but not dollar for dollar value.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 21, 2012
The value added depends on how appealing the slab and tiling work look to potential buyers in your areas. Without seeing your work, it's impossible to answer. It could even be a negative value if the work was highly personalized. Get a local real estate broker to come take a look and give you a good evaluation.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
value is in the eye of the buyer, also what elements do your neighbors homes have, if they are the same of close, these improvements help add the attracting buyers........
Dear Larry,
I am a licensed General Contractor as well as Realtor in Vero Beach. First lets cover the easy item, yes the tile should have added value to your home. I am familiar with the building process and the permitting process. If you like I can visit your home and see the items you mention, and to review the Permit to see if the County should be allowing you to construct the screen room. Please give me a call to arrange a mutually agreeable time to visit.