Home Selling in Las Vegas>Question Details

Jennifer, Home Buyer in 89044

Upside down by about $30K

Asked by Jennifer, 89044 Thu May 31, 2012

I am interested in selling my 3800 square foot home in Madeira Canyon/Anthem community. I'm not horribly upside down and would like to try to sell my home without going the short sale/foreclosure route.

Knowing that I'd have to come to closing with a little bit of $$, is it realistic that I could get a decent rate for my home? We owe $330K on our mortgage and would like to walk away with around $20K out of pocket?

Jen

Answers

20
Jennifer has left the building....
Jennifer,
I am curious how it all worked out for you? Did you sell? Did you avoid short sale/foreclosure?

The market has gone up since your original post so I am wondering if you ended up holding it and making a profit?
We are a nationwide home buyer, and we offer a solution to problems like these.

Consider placing your home as a lease with option to buy. I know many home owners are leery of the idea of being land lords, and for good reason. We run a consulting firm that educates you about the risks of entering into such transactions, and how to protect yourself. For example:

- What if tenant causes malicious damage?
- What if tenant sues you over a frivolous or not so frivolous matter?
- What if tenant defaults?

We work with a company that offers 100% coverage in these scenarios as well as 6 months of coverage if tenant defaults.

A lease with option to buy is for a tenant who is looking to lease your home while they work on their credit to purchase your home in the future. Please see my website for more information.
Web Reference: http://www.JVAmerica.com
Hi Jennifer,

I would be happy to do a complimentary Comparative Market Analysis on your house and a seller's net sheet which would reflect all seller's costs to give you a better idea if you should list it at this time.

Please contact me -
Jane Snow
Wardley Real Estate
702-338-3067
I would be careful right now with selling. We have VERY low inventory right now and it is a delicate balance that could possibly involve waiting a couple of months depending on where comps are arriving.

If you would like a complimentary consultation (via email) on what the numbers are now AND a comprehensive net sheet that involves ALL closing costs (commission, transfer taxes, etc) to assist with making your decision, I will be happy to provide one for you via email (no appointment necessary).

Simply click on the web link below and click on "complimentary consultation" and fill out the form. Like I said, I can analyze your numbers via email - no appointment necessary.
That property on 2780 Liberation Dr is in Pending status and is located in Anthem Country Club and has a pool and spa. There is big price difference between having your home located inside Anthem Country Club and just located in Anthem. Like they say Location, Location, Location.

Chris Harrison
Barrett & Co., Inc.
2885 S. Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 592-9510 ph
Chris.Harrison@msn.com
Hi Jen.
It will depend on a lot of factors. There is one currently listed on Liberation at $525,000 with pool and a 1/4 acre lot that is contingent. Other than that there are a couple that are slightly smaller that sold for the low $300s. With your square footage, you'd probably break even.
To know anything more detailed, I'd need to see your house. Inventory is low which creates demand.
Check out our website or Give me a call or email if you would like further information. We provide an Easy Exit listing.
Thank you, Kelly

Jeff & Kelly Stafford
Prudential Americana
702-460-6034
info@VegasHomeExpert.com
http://www.VegasHomeExpert.com
Hi Jennifer,

Theres a lot of different factors to take into consideration when selling your home. You have a few things working in your favor as HomeSeller right now due to it being a Sellers market. The main thing is you have to have your home price correctly. My first question is do you have 2 loans or 1 loan? Do you have a pool & spa? The condition of your home? The actual payoff? I did quick search off the information you posted.

There's currently a home for sale on 2616 Calanques Ter for $325K that's a short sale. That looks like it had received a couple offers before then fell out of escrow and came back on the market. Is this your home? There is another property on 2516 Chateau Clermont St that just sold for $312k on 4/26 same model match as your home. If you live in Anthem Country Club you can get more money for your home. They're are other possibilites through Govt. Assistance to help you possibly walk away with some money out of pocket.

Best of Luck,

Chris Harrison
Barrett & Co., Inc.
2885 S. Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 592-9510 ph
Chris.Harrison@msn.com
You need to reach out to us-
Because based on the low inventory you might be able to close the gap.
Let's talk
Click the contact link above and let's go over the numbers.
Web Reference: http://Www.mayteamlv.com
Selling your home will be all about how to net you the most amount of money by selling for the highest amount possible while keeping your closing costs to a minimum. A good agent will strategize with you, discuss your time line along with present and potential future market conditions and make suggestions that will help sell your home for the highest dollar amount in the time frame you have to work with.

You have a great list of agents here that are eager for your business including myself. I suggest you review their profiles, comments & testimonials and call 3-5 and decide on 2-3 to meet with in person.

Determining market value is tricky right now because the market is changing rapidly and there are not many available homes in the market. In a normal market determining value would be based in homes that sold in the past, but this is a strong sellers market and there are buyers willing to go above and beyond to get the home they want. You'll want to use this to your advantage to minimize or eliminate the need to come out of pocket.

If you'd like an opinion of your home's value you can easily get started at my site below:
http://www.botticellihomes.com/Las_Vegas_NV_home_sales.shtml

Damon Botticelli
Silver State Realty & Investments
(702) 523-7713
Jennifer
Let's get together and look at the comparable sales, take alook at your home and run the numbers. There is allot of demand right now and a not many nice homes that are available. You may be able to sell your home and accomplish what you have stated in your message. There is only one way to find out. I am available to get started whenever you have some free time.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
702-234-7653
Suziem@RealtyOneLV.com
Hello Jen,

Let's sit down at my office so can talk about what you can get for your home. A market analysis is a must before you can make any decisions.
Please feel free to contact me at , LorenaP@RealtyOneLV.com

Lorena, your professional REALTOR
Hello Jennifer

Hope you day is going well, would love to talk to you about selling your home. There are many ways of doing it.

Call me and we can see what we can do.

Jan Ratzlaff
702-379-7773
Wardley Real Estate
Hello Jen,

The first thing you have to do is check the current market price of the properties for sale in your community. Or I can help you do the current market analysis and see if you list your property for the price you want will be reasonable. Otherwise maybe you should wait until the market price goes up.
You can email me or call me if you need help to do the cma.

Elizabeth Larson
Prominent Realty Group LLC
Phone:702-419-33014
email:larsonassoc@cox.net
Many sellers initially over estimate the value of their home so you might be a more under water than you think. You certainly shouldn't make foreclosure an option, that will kill your credit for many years. I am suggesting you speak with a local agents or two, have them show you comps and realistically decide if you want to or can shell out the out of pocket difference. The longer your house takes the sell, the larger your liability so choose that agent carefully.
Jennifer. Why don't you plug in your address right her on Trulia under "Local Info" and see what are the comps and neighborhood outlook for your home. It's a great starting point.

David Cooper Investor with a Buyers Agent License at Since 1917 Realty 702-499-7037
Hello Jennifer,

As has been stated, the market is experiencing a bit of a bounce right now. This could mean that you are not upside down at all. I am familiar with Madeira Canyon and Anthem. It is very popular and should bring a premium. Frankly, whether you walk away with cash in your pocket depends on how anxious you are to move. If you have time, the market may improve (if it hasn't already) to where you can get what you need. On the other hand, because this market is so heated up and with 57% of all sales last month being cash offers, you may find someone who will be willing to jump the current market value and pay your price, just to avoid having to wait for a short sale to go through.

I would also suspect that since you are living in your home, it is well cared for, unlike many of the current short sales that have tenants in them, or foreclosures that sustained damage during the foreclosure process. Let me give you a no-obligation market analysis and lets see just how much equity you have. Having been in the business for more than 32 years, I have learned that connecting with an agent you trust, who is knowledgeable, and who has your best interests in mind, will net you not only the most money, but also the most satisfying experience.

Call or email me. Let's see if there is a fit.

Best of luck, and thanks for reading.

Steve Matthews
Prudential Americana
702-491-4663
steve@reovegas.com
Hello Jennifer,

It would be my pleasure to assist you. I am a lifetime resident and know the valley well. You need an agent that has experienced credentials, Please feel free to look me up on the internet. I just closed two homes last week that were non short sales. My sellers received full appriasal price for their homes. This is a great time to get top dollar, as homes sell quickly due to the low inventory! Please give me a call, so I can set an appointment to come out to Anthem and see the property, and meet with you!

I look forward to hearing from you,
Diane Varney 702.401.0307
Inventory here in Las Vegas is very low right now and homes are selling fast and at a higher price than before so it may be possible to achieve your goal. The best thing to do is sit down and look at the activity in your neighborhood. I would be more than happy to help you if you'd like to contact me, I am part of a large team with Keller Williams that specializes in areas like Anthem.

Todd Cowles
The Brodkin Group
Keller Williams Realty Southwest
702-338-1671
If you're willing to meet, we can see. My resume can be found on my website http://www.LasVegasRealEstateConnection.com under About Us. Your best bet is to take this market momentum being produced by the seasonal cycle and the legislative changes from last year and run with it. With the amount of exposure my team can give your home, the gap may be smaller than you think.

James Bellile
702-222-0815
iProperties International