Home Selling in Sussex>Question Details

What To Do81, Home Seller in Sussex, WI

Undecided on selling. Is it a bad move to upgrade to $5,000 GE Cafe appliances or should we go cheap? Return on investment?

Asked by What To Do81, Sussex, WI Sun Feb 13, 2011

About to retire and MAYBE move to a warmer climate, but moving sounds daunting. So, I'd like to get appliances we like (ours are almond and really don't do much for our white with silver fleck Silestone new counter tops) just in case we stay. Eagles Ridge Subdivision.

Answers

4
This is just an opinion of course, but unless it is a major deterrent like a whole in your wall, I suggest to clients to keep expenses to a minimum. Most of them are already losing $ and bottom line, making sure the house is "seen" or viewed by the largest pool of people (interested buyers) and price are two of the best to get a house sold quickly in this market. Compared to short sales and REO, which your house will be compared too, which a lot of times do not even have appliances, whatever you have could be seen as an upgrade compared to nothing or a barren spot on the wall where the appliances used to be.
Best of luck.
Spirit
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 13, 2011
In this market you will not get your money back out of the $5,000 investment, meaning you will not be able to receive an extra $5,000 for your property. I would say that it would make selling easier and happen faster with upgraded appliances, which could end up saving you money. Your subdivision in Sussex is about 20 years old so I would say that a lot of your neighbors have done upgrades to their homes as well. Which is your direct competition when it comes to selling. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. I am a specialist in the Sussex area.

Hope this helps,
Chris Krogmeier
Realty Executives
Since you're about to retire, you may want to reconsider spending a lot on appliances, or even on countertops that may not meet the general public's cup of tea.

If upgrading or renovating for the purpose of selling, go as neutral as you can. Although stainless steel is much in demand, not everybody is sold on them. However, at first glance, they seem to have that wow facor.

When selling, observe the basic tenets of creating the first best impressions, Besides finding sources on line on how to accomplish that goal, your realtor can also give you some ideas as to what appeals in your local market.

Appliances NEVER seen any home buyer be particular UNLESS luxury home . You can go with the look however maybe not the brand.

GREAT QUESTION

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com