luckynala323, Home Seller in New York, NY

Trying to sell an HDFC not sure where to start, board currently in middle of agreed term to sell themselves but has no sale price yet!

Asked by luckynala323, New York, NY Tue Nov 27, 2012

My Brother in Law passed away was living in an HDFC, my mother in law was never added the board did not approve her to continue living there(she DID meet the income req). Now she's homeless, they told her she must move out by 8/31/12. She is accepted at a HUD property in NJ but may lose it since HDFC has no sale price. The board has 4 mths to sell it before she can. It's a 1 bed/studio ,needs work, has low mnthly fee, under $300, located @ 108th & Central Park West. Who can advocate for her how can I estimate a price to give to HUD in hopes she does not lose that place! The Lawyer she has is not helpful hard to reach. Help!?

Answers

5
curious what happened here? I think I would be able to assist on some level. Contact Sam Himmelstein or call UHAB or the Center for Urban Justice.
Hi Luckynala,

HDFC's are somewhat tricky, please feel free to contact me to discuss further, I have recently sold five HDFC's and I am the Secretary on the Board of the HDFC in which I reside.

Looking forward to your reply.

Tasha Trice
646 926-0609
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
is the move out date correct? 8/31/12?
Consider changing a lawyer and getting the apartment appraised, which should be not more than about $300-500. Otherwise look at the recent sales in the building on ACRIS http://a836-acris.nyc.gov/Scripts/Coverpage.dll/index or other HDFC coops in the area http://streeteasy.com/nyc/sales/nyc/description:hdfc

I can give you the contact info of a few appraisers if needed.

Contact me at my info below if interested.

Otherwise, best of luck with the rest.

est Regards,

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Real Estate Agent

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333
(e): raouls@nestseekers.com

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "
Have the apartment appraised by a licensed appraiser. That will establish market value for HUD (or anyone else). Good Luck.