katherine.ve…, Home Buyer in Granbury, TX

Trying to sell a waterfront home on Lake Granbury in Tx. THe price has been lowered and is below all comps, but not selling.... desperately need help

Asked by katherine.verhelst, Granbury, TX Wed Jun 12, 2013

2611 Harborside Drive Granbury Tx 76048

Answers

8
I saw your property on the internet. Your Realtor has done a good job with the property description and photos. I know it is being advertised because you are with a major reality company. Remember there are fewer buyers in your price range than in lower price ranges. While the market is better now than it has been the last few years, it's still a matter of the higher the price range then fewer buyers.
Hang in there. Take your Realtor's suggests to heart and work with your agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
As a home shopper, if you don't get people to come look, it probably won't sell very fast. So why would I come look? Location-Location-Location! My number one priority. Second pricing. And third, financing. I can change things about a house, but I cant' move it.

I shop on the Internet, and I check Trulia and Zillow, I have email notices set for new listings with a couple of realtor sites, and I mostly check Craigslist. However, if a seller does not allow me to email them on Craigslist, they only put a phone number, I won't contact them by phone - ever - that tells me they are too weird, 'cause everyone does email.

Since my husband and I are looking for some land maybe an acre, I wouldn't be looking at your home, but I have been looking for over a year, and I see tons of properties that have stayed on the market for the past year or more. So it's no surprise to me that your home hasn't sold yet.

Here are a couple of ideas from my buyers point of view.

* I would put the listing on Craigslist. Many people are looking there.

*If I could, I would offer owner financing. Tons of people are self-employed now-a-days and don't have the "best" looking finances on paper to get a loan, but they may have excellent credit, better than most buyers. I would just ask for a credit check.

If you can not owner finance, then find a realtor who can help buyers find special loans like hard money loans, in other words alternate financing methods, this would open your house up to more buyers, buyers that other homes aren't competing for.

http://pearlsofdreams.com/category/finance-real-estate-loans/

I feel that Realtors are a clique, I feel you will get better results if you stick with a realtor. I doubt that your home not selling is not their fault, unless they encourage you to list at too high a price. But to my knowledge they can't actually "make" your house sell, they can just put it out there to be seen, and do things to help get it shown and financed. To my mind a good realtor will have financing sources to help a buyer get a loan, even if they are not the buyer's agent, not just leave buyers to fend for themselves. If the buyer can't get financed, then they can't buy your house.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions. Not suggestions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
if it is in 100 year flood plain not many people will touch it.
Kathrine, has the house been updated ?? if not then you could consider doing a few things to the house to make it more appealing, if so and it is not getting the attention you feel it needs, then you might consider looking at another realtor. I would be happy to look at it and give you some estimates on some updates, (if needed).
Thanks and Sorry your haveing trouble
Max
Barton Builders
817-235-0007
http://www.bartoncustomhomes.com
I've looked at your home on the internet. Wonderful photos, your house is gorgeous! The main problem I see is that it is VACANT!!! A vacant house is nobody's home. You want to give the buyer a sense of the lifestyle they would have living in your home. Staging would be a way of doing that!
Katherine,

I have been watching listings and sales in Granbury for more than six months from the online real estate web sites. I am planning on moving to the Granbury area and pay attention to what is going on there. I did searches on all three major sites including this one. If you look at the homes for sale that have little red arrows of any price range or size, there are 245 homes for sale in Granbury. When you change your search criteria to sold you get only 5 little yellow arrows of which it appears 5 were lots and one small home. That was in the last nine months. Trulia has only two home sales in the last 9 months and realtor has some but I haven't figured out how to change the criteria to just the last 30-60-90 days.

I am not sure what is going on in Granbury. A few of the homes I put in my favorites have NOT sold but have dropped off the market after being on the market for a year or more. None have sold, they just disappeared. You can cross check this info across three web sites to see if it sold or was just delisted. I can't get there fast enough as I'm waiting for my home to sell too. Fortunately, I'm living in an area that is hotter than hotcakes right now. My home has sold twice and fallen out of escrow twice or I would have been there by now.

I do not see much selling in Granbury. I am hoping that it will be a buyers market once I get there. Sorry, but your home is way out of my budget but it's gorgeous and has many wonderful ammenities. I don't know what more you can do to sell because there are SO many houses for sale in Granbury. Having faith and saying a prayer might be all you can do at this point.

I wish you luck.
Jill, I am not sure why my reply didn't show up - but thank you for the encouragement. We are working closely with our realtor, and have increased the commission to 7% (4% to seller).
You are trying to do it yourself.
You don't want to pay a Realtor.
You had the PRICE too high.
You still have it too high.
You want someone else to wave a magic wand and tell you "it's all right".
Have you taken my advise and have it staged?
Peggy Wilcox-Simply Swanky Home Staging
Flag Mon Sep 2, 2013
It is listed with a realtor - always has been. We have dropped the price more than the realtor wants us to. We have increased the commission to 7% as well. We are willing to drop the price again!!
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013