Carol Claudon, Real Estate Pro in Seminole, FL

To list or not to list...that is the question? During the holidays this year, does one list or wait until January?

Asked by Carol Claudon, Seminole, FL Mon Dec 2, 2013

Answers

7
If you want to sell, never wait. Buyer are looking everyday and no time as the present
List, you always have those buyers who are trying to buy before the end of the year so they can be eligible for homestead exemption.
We haven't seen a slowdown in our market. We've actually continued to find buyers for homes. I would get your home ready now and list it in January.
Carol, Some of my Clients want the snowbirds and tourists to see the listings online before they come down and will list the house now with only specified showing dates available.

Please let me know of any questions or suggestions. Best Regards,

Tom Shelly
Broker / Realtor
Sunshine Home Sales & Commercial Brokerage
3831 Tyrone Blvd, Suite 104
St. Petersburg, FL. 33709
Phone: (727) 384-4300
TomS@SunshineGroupProperties.com
http://www.sunshinegroupproperties.com/
Hi Carol,
As other agents have pointed out, we not only have a shortage of listings, we have a huge shortage of "good listings" , especially this time of year. Many homeowners who are contemplating putting their home on the market after the first of the year are missing out an excellent opportunity. The buyers who are currently in the market this time of the year are very serious buyers, which is a sellers advantage. Many current buyers have lost out on offers that they placed on other properties because of multiple offers on properties which has made the competition very intense and difficult to procure a nice home. As for most, this time of the year has extra demands on our lives, which also helps to eliminates the less serious buyers or the "tire kickers", the buyers that are out there right now want to get the deal done as fast as possible with the least amount of contingencies.
I have lived in the Seminole area since 1979. It would be an honor for me to have the opportunity to sit down and speak with you about what your goals are and how I can help you to accomplish these goals. My company, Keller Williams is the fastest growing real estate company with more agents than any other real estate company. Our record speaks for itself as we have almost TWICE the increase in closed sales over the rest of realtors statewide and 2 TIMES the increase in listings taken year to date.
Please give me a call, I am happy to discuss my marketing strategies and answer any questions. I look forward to speaking with you.

Denise Stonik
Keller Williams
727-403-3979
dstonik@gmail.com
List now!!! Why wait until all of the competition hits the market...stand out in your area and list now...buyers are out there.
Great question... but it depends on a few factors... 1) There are buyers out there looking, and if you list now, they'll see your place before the onslaught of listings go on in January. 2) Are you working with a Realtor who will be continuing to work through the month, as opposed to vacationing or wanting to spend time with visiting friends and family? 3) are you and your family willing to be displaced during open houses and showings at this time of year? 4) it also depends on your time frame for when you want to be out if your home and possibly into a new one.
Hi Carol,
There is no time like the present to list! We've been extraordinarily busy and many Buyers are working hard to make their purchase before the end of the year to qualify for homestead exemption. We also continue to have a shortage of listings which is great news for Sellers and as "Evvy" suggested; many Sellers elect to wait to list until January. So why wait for the extra competition?
I'm a lifelong resident, an expert in Seminole and I'd love to have an opportunity to talk to you about listing your home and answer any questions you might have.

Warm Regards,
Linda Mann
Remax All Star
727-422-0069, Cell
lindamann1@live.com, Email
Flag Mon Dec 2, 2013