Home Selling in Lisle>Question Details

Tatyana, Home Seller in Lisle, IL

To Keith from Glendale, CA From Tatyana

Asked by Tatyana, Lisle, IL Sun Mar 8, 2009

Why should I pay 6% to an agent who can only put a keypad on the door and add my home to the MLS? I could pay a $300.00 flat fee to a broker to be added to the MLS and I could do the marketing myself. A good agent knows how to market to get potential buyers into the house. We already reduced 100K--I am a motivated seller and the house is updated. The CA market is remarkably different, having been hit the hardest in this housing crisis than anywhere else. And no, not very many homes in Lisle, IL have closed since July 2008.

Answers

3
And Keith rankles yet another Trulia poster. lol Tatyana, Tatyana you really don't have to start a new thread with every post. Look around on the thread and you will find a button to use to reply on the same thread.
Keith is a very sharp guy, but sometimes, unfortunately, people consider him sharp in another way. I am sure he meant well. BTW, if you are considering doing a FSBO, check out the blog attached to the link below.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 8, 2009
Hi Tatyana.
I guess if I thought I could do it myself as well as an agent, I would give it a try!
Ken
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 5, 2009
Tatyana,

I actually think you just click on the button "Answer This Question" to reply on your same thread.