Home Selling in 39564>Question Details

Monica, Home Seller in Texas

Title company questions..please help?

Asked by Monica, Texas Wed Feb 25, 2009

I closed on my house Feb 6, 2009 and my mortgage was paid off on 10Feb 2009. On the 13th of FEB he money was frozen at the Title company and the mortgage is back on my account as of today. What do I do? Should I get a lawyer since the company is under investigation now???

The money went to my mortgage company but they were notified that the funds were returned due to refer maker.

I contacted my realtor and she stated that the title company that they used lawyer has had all of his account frozen. The money went from the buyer to the title company to my mortgage company. Is this legal???

Help the community by answering this question:


Bridget Beck’s answer
I agree you do need a real estate attorney. There should be some title insurance for the company and/or the buyer could have purchased title insurance. The lawyer should easily find out and ask at court that the lawyers fees be paid by the mortgage company for this hassle.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 26, 2009
Speak with Real Estate Attn y ASAP!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 4, 2013

We are sorry about this nightmare!

There is little doubt that your best course of action is to be in touch with an attorney for their advice.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 26, 2009
Ouch! This is a new one on me - I would definitely get an attorney - immediately.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 26, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer