Monica, Home Seller in Texas

Title company questions..please help?

Asked by Monica, Texas Wed Feb 25, 2009

I closed on my house Feb 6, 2009 and my mortgage was paid off on 10Feb 2009. On the 13th of FEB he money was frozen at the Title company and the mortgage is back on my account as of today. What do I do? Should I get a lawyer since the company is under investigation now???

The money went to my mortgage company but they were notified that the funds were returned due to refer maker.

I contacted my realtor and she stated that the title company that they used lawyer has had all of his account frozen. The money went from the buyer to the title company to my mortgage company. Is this legal???

Answers

4
Bridget Beck’s answer
I agree you do need a real estate attorney. There should be some title insurance for the company and/or the buyer could have purchased title insurance. The lawyer should easily find out and ask at court that the lawyers fees be paid by the mortgage company for this hassle.
Speak with Real Estate Attn y ASAP!!
Monica,

We are sorry about this nightmare!

There is little doubt that your best course of action is to be in touch with an attorney for their advice.

Ouch! This is a new one on me - I would definitely get an attorney - immediately.