Lynn, Both Buyer and Seller in Boynton Beach, FL

Thinking of selling our home in Canyon Isles in November. Would that be a good time of year to sell?

Asked by Lynn, Boynton Beach, FL Wed Mar 6, 2013

Wondering if it would be better to list during the summer for people interested in moving to the community for the schools since there are rezoning issues for other neighboring communities. We have a desirable location in a cul-de-sac with a pie shaped lot on the lake with a pool. We are actually interested in purchasing something a little bigger in one of the Canyons. We do have the restriction of staying in our house until November due to refi rules but I'm wondering if I call our mortgage broker if that can be changed.

Answers

12
Sandra Gold’s answer
Dear Lynn,

Selling Season has started and your home will sell quickly as people are looking to get into the desired or new school district for next year.

For more detailed information and statistics on when to sell your home, feel free to contact me.

Sandra Gold - Realtor
Keller Williams
561-860-3321
DestinationDreamHome@gmail.com
http://www.sandragold.kwrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 7, 2013
Dear Lynn,

The Amethyst model in Canyon Isles is popular and typically sell very quickly. When you see a well priced Amethyst hit the market it will draw activity as will the Topaz, Jade and Cobalt floor plans. As you are aware, there has been a lot of short sale and foreclosure activity in Canyon Isles which has played a large role in market values. The last three sales of the Amethyst model have closed between $302,500 and $320,000 and were all short sales. There is one other short sale under contract that was listed at $319,000 and the buyer has been waiting patiently for the bank to react. The only other Amethyst on the market is a traditional sale that has been listed since July 15, 2007 and has been on the market an incredible 2,063 days. It has had numerous price reductions during that time and is currently listed at $579,000.

The improvements you put into the house will certainly have an impact on the homes' value and will certainly help attract potential buyers. We have had some very solid sales recently in the community with 9 sales at $500K or above over the past 12 months but keep in mind these were all significantly larger floor plans like the Logan, Cascade, Sterling and that amazing Preston.

Again, when you are ready to sit down and interview Realtors® I would be honored to be on the list you put together. I have some programs designed not only to help you accomplish your goals but also save you money. My goal is your satisfaction!

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Hi Lynn,
So I understand that you have a 5/4 (I would imagine that you kept the loft as a cozy area where your family can play and/or watch TV), in a cul-de-sac, on a larger lot with a lake view and a pool. That by itself makes your property very attractive. Adding the fact that it is located in a sought after community it makes it even more desirable.
As I mentioned in a previous answer, I live and work in the area and if you are not currently working with another real estate professional, I would like to be able to meet with you and discuss your Real Estate needs.

Paolo Giacone
Sales Associate, e-PRO
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
21301 Powerline Rd, #106
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Mobile: +1 (561) 542-7265
Email: Paolo@MiamiToBoca.com
This is Lynn...

If you're familiar with the Canyon Communities you will know what I'm talking about. We have the "Amethyst" model which was changed to a smaller version in Canyon Springs and named the "Alicia" model and has since been made even smaller in Canyon Trails and renamed to the "Abacoa". We put at least $200k in upgrades AFTER moving in so they aren't any of the actual builder options that were available. We aren't looking to get that money back anymore, just want to get enough from the sale to put as a nice down payment either on an existing quality house or we would even consider building and would just rent for a year or however long it takes.
Lynn,

With the spring buying season approaching and many families trying to position themselves in homes for schools next year now is an excellent time to sell your home. Those with school aged children looking for homes zoned for Sunset Palms, Odyssey and Olympic Heights are already making decisions. I am personally working with 5 families in various areas of Palm Beach County relocating to the area with a goal of being situated by August 1st. Quality, well priced inventory is also lacking so that too plays into your favor for a sale now.

The market is constantly evolving and as you have probably heard quality inventory is a huge concern and it is solidly a seller's market in many communities. If this trend continues you might miss the spring buying season by waiting but you may end up with a higher selling price in November. However, things change as we saw when interest rates jumped almost a quarter point in one week a while back; the feedback from buyer's I was working with at the time was almost panic like. The overall economy is still fragile and any bad news could mean a reversal in fortunes in what we are experiencing today.

We have had 13 sales in Canyon Isles over the past 6 months ranging from a low of $250,000 all the way up to $614,018 with a median sales price of $378,000. As of this morning an additional 18 homes are under contract so the pending home sale index is very, very high. Then we get to the homes currently available for sale which stands at 7 or just over a 90 day inventory. Like much of the overall market the existing inventory is priced high in relationship to the most recent sales. In fact, except for one listing the least expensive list price is at $560,000 with everything above that number. With only one home selling above that number over the past 6 months you can see why today's buyers are frustrated with their options and prices are moving higher. I have a complete analysis of the market in Canyon Isles I completed for a client a couple months back and would be happy to update that for you when you start making decisions.

So much has to do with your motivation as you will also be buying in to this market. The rules surrounding your re-financing should be discussed with a well qualified mortgage professional and if you need a referral I have some amazingly talented people I work with. When you are ready to sit down and interview Realtors® I would be honored to be on the list you put together. I have some programs designed not only to help you accomplish your goals but also save you money. My goal is your satisfaction!

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Hi Lynn,

As you know all of the Canyons are very desireable areas. People are always looking for homes.

If you have a restriction on when you can sell, stay in your home until November. In the meantime make sure you have addressed any and all issues in your current home. Make sure it looks like "new". If the walls need paint - paint them. If there are carpets in any of the rooms - have them shampooed. Declutter every room if possible. Organize closets. Powerwash the driveway. Plant some seasonal plants so you have great curb appeal. Have the tile or marble professionally cleaned. In a word - MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A MODEL HOME.

In the meantime keep yourself updated on the houses currently on the market that are the types of homes you wish to move in to. If you need someone to send you the listings on the market, I will be happy to do so.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Hello Lynn,

All great answers by the previous agents regarding your inquiry.

More importantly, the mortgage restrictions may determine if you can sell sooner than November so the first call you must make for clarification is to your mortgage broker.

The interest rates are still at an all time low and because there is low inventory and a strong demand, the time to sell would be now if you are able to do so.

If your home is priced right for the market at the time it is listed, then there shouldn't be any problem in selling it within a 30-60 day period.

For the same reasons mentioned in previous comments, your search for a new home may not result in a surplus of homes to choose from either.

It's important to know where the current market is in our area and neighborhood specifically and of course the same goes for where you are looking to purchase.

We can provide you and your family with the right tools and information so you can make the best decision possible at the time you are ready to list your home to sell.

Please, let us know when you have spoken to your mortgage broker and when you are ready to move forward to a bigger home within Canyons.
In checking the sales statistics for Canyon Isles in Boynton Beach for the past year, the numbers say that March through June are the strongest sales months in terms of selling season.

However, the number of salesin Canyon Isles in December was equal to the number of sales in April, and January and February were not far behind.

Those sales statistics indicate that if you put yourBoynton Beach home in Canyon Isles up for sale in November, you are likely to sell it within a 90 day period if it is priced correctly for the market.

In Canyon Lakes, January was the best month between last March and today.

So if you need to sell your home in Canyon Isles, put it on the market at a time of year when it is convenient for you. Someone will purchase it.

Right now there are only 7 properties on the market in Canyon Isles, and only 20 resales currently available among the 4 communities of Canyon Homes in Boynton Beach.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Good evening Lynn,
As already mentioned by Todd on his answer and for the very same reasons you pointed out, it would be better to list it toward the end of Spring, beginning of Summer (this applies to all of the "Canyon" communities). However with interests rates still very low and the current level of inventory, it might not be a bad idea of listing your property sooner. The fact that you need to stay in your current property until November, might have a negative impact if you list it too soon and you cannot find a buyer willing to wait until November (interest rates might not be as good as they are right now and buyers would want to move in before the beginning of the school year).
I live and work in the area and I will be happy to meet with you to discuss your Real Estate needs.

Paolo Giacone,
Sales Associate, e-PRO
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
21301 Powerline Road Office
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Mobile: +1 (561) 542-7265
Email: Paolo@MiamiToBoca.com
Yes, anytime is a good time of year to sell. There are definitely buyers that will be looking to time a move to the beat of the school calendar, but really, if a house is priced right, it will sell anytime of the year.

If you email me the property address, I will email you a market analysis, with a list of recent sales activity in your development. This will help to give you some idea of value. Feel free to call or email with any questions.

Amy
Most purchases happen during the spring and summer. Homes take at least 30 days to close, and the time they are exposed to the market. I will list pretty soon to make sure the deal is closed and over by fall.
Would be better to sell during the Spring or Summer for that very reason, schools, etc. However, at this time, interest rates are still low and there is a year-round demand for single family homes in the Canyons so I think you'll be okay whenever you decide to sell. I live in the area and would be more than happy to help when requested.

Todd Kevitch, Broker
BPO Realty LLC
5614009376
tkevitch@bporealty.com
http://www.bporealty.com