Home Selling in Phoenix>Question Details

Lindsay Rode…, Real Estate Pro in Goodyear, AZ

There is a major shortage of homes in the Phoenix market...

Asked by Lindsay Rodenborn Kothe, Goodyear, AZ Thu Aug 2, 2012

what would persuade you to sell and how do you choose a real estate agent?

Answers

7
Lindsay, this is a good question. I'll be interested to see the responses. I think some folks in Phoenix still think they are upside down in their current home but dont know what a boom we've had in the last 6 months. We need more listings soon, lots of buyers with only a small selection!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 2, 2012
If you want to upgrade, this is definitely the time to do so, homes are on the rise and are up 28% from this time last year. You may want to keep your existing home if possible for an investment as 2013 shows to be a high appreciating year as well. If you are looking for an agent I would love to help. I am an agent at Team Investments Realty, just rated as #1 Agency in Arizona and we have the #1 Realtor in Arizona as well, who is also an HGTV and Fox Business News personality (Tanya Marchiol). We will find what you need and close the deal faster than anyone else. Thank you for your time!

Teddy Shonka
Team Investments Realty
319-350-3263
Teddy@teaminvestmentsinc.com
1-I would sell if I wanted to upgrade my home or move out of the area.
2- I would find and agent that you liked and trust they will be your best friend for a while. I would find someone who can get you the most money with the least amount of hassle and who can save you money fees and knows how to negotiate.
Personally I think most selling is being conducted based on need, need for more space, relocation, short sale etc.

Years ago sellers could move because they wanted a newer, larger house as appreciation was so high. A little more difficult today.

I would also agree that some sellers are better off than they think, may have equity and are impacted by the media.
Hi Lindsay,

If you are a home owner contemplating selling, then it really depends on what your next step is. If you want to switch from owning to renting, this is a great time to sell. If it is your goal to buy somewhere else, then whatever the current market is, its usually a "wash". What I mean by that is if you sell in a down market, you may seller lower than you want, but you'll also be buying in a "down" market and so you can also reasonably expect to buy at a fantastic price as well. If you sell in an "up" market, you'll get more for your house, but you'll pay more too for your next one.

If maximizing your income from your house is your priority, then I recommend selling your house when the market is good, so you can get your price, and the profit is most likely tax free (as long as you lived there more than 2 years, but confirm with your CPA), and move into a rental. Then keep your eye out for a "great deal" to buy, and repeat.

What would persuade me to sell...if I were a home owner in Pheonix...

#1. Fewer messages from single dimensional real estate professionals who have only one business plan and marketing strategy...."REDUCE THE PRICE!"

The home owner has lost 40% of their wealth, demonstrating some motivation to protect the remainder may prove somewhat worthwhile.

#2. How would I choose?
Stick a home made For Sale sign in the yard and observe until the real pros surface. The predator agents will tell me I'm over priced, the pros with focus on my goals.

#3. Selling my home would be a more appealing prospect if presented with a strategy to achieve my goal that includes more than 'Reduce The Price" as the only solution to EVERY problem.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, Fl
727.420. 4041
Chat real estate on: http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us
I might be persuaded if I did not hear this from a real estate agent.