Home Selling in West Plains>Question Details

Kaydean, Home Buyer in 62014

Ther is a property that I am interested in Willow springs, Mo. I went to the actually real estate co. web

Asked by Kaydean, 62014 Wed Aug 5, 2009

site -truila -and realtor.com and all have it listed for sale when I call the realtor they said they have an offer on it and are not taking any more offers on it now--but it is still listed as AVAILABE on thier website--when I asked why the realtor got real quite and said she did not know why and had to go-- They only thing they told me is that if it is still on there in 10 days then it is back on the market. Why can't realtors put a pending or take it off when they do not want any one to offer/make a bid on the property? It is frustrating calling and talking to a realtor about a property when it is not available--it not only gets saves time but saves dashed hopes. Plus I talked to two different people in that office and they both acted like they did not know what was going on---had no answers and would not even offer to let us know of other "available" properties in the area. My question is --is it so hard to add a pending or not avail. to a listing?

Answers

3
In response to Kaydean and Wilma, may I say that I understand your frustration...however, when you are dealing with foreclosure properties the process can be confusing. Of course I am only assuming, but the situation you have described is one that frequently happens when dealing with repossessed properties. The property may be listed with a local office, but another person in another office in another state is usually calling the shots. Agents must follow their guidelines when selling these homes and they do not always make the most sense. These companies are trying to make back money lost on these homes and their #1 goal is to sell it for the most that they can (which if you have looked at some of these foreclosures you know can't be easy). When an offer is made on these properties there is a margin of time for other offers to be made (a multiple offer situation). Then no other offers can be made until it is decided whether the original offer is accepted or rejected. Unfortunately, many times buyers will make ridiculously low offers in the very beginning. The realtor is required to start the offer process even though the foreclosure company will almost definitely reject the offered purchase price. And until a contract is accepted, financing is completed, and the property is closed....the listing agent must keep the property on the MLS so that other interested parties are not deterred from inquiring about it. Not very helpful from a buyer standpoint, but from a seller standpoint....well, wouldn't you want your realtor to make sure that your house sold to the buyer willing to offer the most cash?
Since you don't seem to be getting anywhere--why not contact a few realty offices, interview a couple of agents and choose the one you like best--keep in mind it won't cost you, (unless you have an agrrement with your agent to pay additional) as the seller pays the commission--then take it from there--I'm sorry you are being ignored and your frustration is understandable.

Anna
I go the the real estate office web site can not get anyone to answer anything i ask. I am ignored! That would be the century 21 web site out of west plains Missouri. Does anyone down there care to sell a house or are they all sold? I did e-mail them again tonight to ask that question.