Home Selling in Spotsylvania>Question Details

Cheryl Haller, Renter in Margate, FL

The realtor that manages my rental gave me a low selling price. How do I check her comps?

Asked by Cheryl Haller, Margate, FL Sun Feb 16, 2014

Answers

5
Cheryl,
You can ask to see them. I provide my clients a CMA that includes addresses and MLS #'s. You can check those though any local real estate website to see what you can determine.
Cheryl,
I would suggest that if you feel your REALTOR is giving you an unfair selling price to check around with a couple other agents to see if they come up with the same selling price. Also ask your REALTOR for specifics on how they came up with the price point.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 18, 2014
Cheryl,

We always suggest our clients to seek out at least 3 agent appointments before making a decision of who to list their home with. This way you will have 3 different agents presenting the comps to you, as well as getting to see each agents different approach to marketing your property. For instance we use professional photos for our listings where many agents do not, since the #1 complaint with Realtors is a lack of communication we have a communication guarantee we sign with our clients that we will contact them at least once a week to give an update, and if we don't we punish ourselves by giving the sellers a $500 credit at closing. Is the agent going to market your property online? flyers? etc.

We as Realtors offer market analysis to all our prospective clients for free. I highly recommend taking the time to interview at least 3 agents before picking one to list your home.

Jim Acors
540-645-1724
Acorsteam@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 18, 2014
Realtors provide comparative market analysis for free. You may feel better if you get a second opinion.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 17, 2014
Dan is right. You can always ask for them to explain how they came to the suggested listings price. If you truly don't agree you can always call another RealtorĀ® but I'm sure this RealtorĀ® has a good understanding of the home because they have managed it. It might turn out that renting it a little longer may be the best scenario. I wish you the best of luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 16, 2014