E. Krause, Home Seller in Austin, TX

The photo of my property is of the neighbors house. Trulia needs to fix this.

Asked by E. Krause, Austin, TX Sun May 6, 2012

Is Trulia just new and that's why it's so lame? If the data is wrong how do you expect to be a useful tool to anyone? The photo of my property is of the neighbors house and from several years ago when there was sewer construction occurring in the road in front of that house. I am puzzled why the media mention Trulia as a serious real estate website.

Answers

3
The site is only as good as the agents that provide content. You can always "claim" your home and upload the correct photo of your home on the Trulia website. Or you can have your Realtor do this for you if your selling your home.

The site has been around for a few years and it is getting better. However if you seriously want to market your home hiring a Realtor to help you will be the most beneficial move. A Realtor can add your home listing to multiple sites and most importantly add it to the MLS-Multiple Listing Service. This will allow even more potential buyers to see your home.

I wish you the best and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Betina

Betina Foreman-Realtor, C.N.E.
(512)771-6318
Austin Home Girls Realty
Actually, your listing agent should be able to correct any errors that appear in Trulia. You might also want to check Realtor.com to make sure they have the right photo. Trulia has done a good job of branding themselves as a strong search sight, and they attract a lot of web traffic to the listings that appear on them. That being said, I would feel exactly the same way you do - upset that your home isn't being marketed accurately.

I look forward to seeing "The Real McCoy, and hope I can at least assist you by bringing a qualified buyer to see it!

All The Best,

Kim Stanley
Agent - GRI, SRES, e-PRO, SRS
RE/MAX 1
512-296-3598
Web Reference: http://www.Team1Austin.com
Wow, that is seriously bad.
In general Trulia has been good in my experience. I try not to depend too much on any one source of info so that I can do confirmations with other sources, but in my experience the folks on this site are good about correcting mistakes like the one you are describing.
If you want to send me an address on the home I can contact my representative here at the site and have them take a look at correcting the mistake.
Craig Tapley
Casa Grande Realty
512-694-5232