Home Selling in Newark>Question Details

Lakisha, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

The appraiser will come today at my house for appraisal. I'm so nervous. This is VA appraiser.

Asked by Lakisha, San Jose, CA Wed Sep 4, 2013

Answers

7
Don't worry about it. It will be what it will be.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 4, 2013
As long as there are no glaring issues such as blatant code violations, peeling paint, etc., you should be fine. The VA appraiser will give you a list of any items that need to be corrected, so if you DO have problems, you will have a list to work off of to get things corrected and up to where they need to be.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Sounds like you have a good chance, especially since a neighboring house sold for more (than your sales price), and since yours was remodeled.

If there is any hiccup, it may be due to some cosmetic repairs that you may easily remedy.

In case you want to see a VA appraisal guideline, take a look at this
http://www.military.com/money/va-loans/what-is-in-va-loan-ap…

Hi Lakisha,

With the house across the street selling for 26K over, you shouldn't have to worry too much. Let the appraiser know you have made improvements and give him the information about the house across the street. If you don't agree with the amount he/she appraises it for, you can always appeal.
As Thomas said, Don't worry about.

But since your home is bigger and been remodeled, the appraiser will take that into account and make a positive adjustment. Sounds like it will be fine.

Not much we can say or do since the appraiser will be there shortly :)

Brian
If you're the agent, meeting the appraiser and handing off your research to them is a key step in helping the appraiser with their job. It is the sole opportunity to influence their decision positively. My opinion is that the buyer's agent is responsible for doing this.
There is one house on the same street just sold for $26K higher than my house. My house is bigger and also remodeled. Do I have any chance to pass this appraisal?