Stacey, Home Seller in Prince William, VA

Thanks for replies from all of you! What, if the contract doesn't go through, am I gonna to do? Get an attorney to fight with buyer's

Asked by Stacey, Prince William, VA Fri Oct 8, 2010

agent/broker? Thanks for replies from all of you! What, if the contract doesn't go through, am I gonna to do? Get an attorney to fight with buyer's agent/broker or buyer. I am not rich. If I am not gonna win, I won't hire a lawyer. I wonder if there's kind of law or regulation for this issue I can find online.

Answers

5
I am a realtor, seller's agent for this transaction, and part of owners/seller.
Stacey,

Are you a licensed real estate professional? Just curious?
Right now, I want put the property back to the market, and want to get the EMD as well. Settlement company can't help me, it's picked by buyer and his agent (long & foster). I am the seller and seller's agent. I checked with VA real estate board, they can't help, they also suggest get a lawyer. But thing is that lawyer is expensive. I also wonder if I can file a suit without a lawyer's help.
Thanks in advance for your reply!
You can also considering filing a complaint through Virginia Department of Occupational Resources. It will all depend on the circumstances. Was the EMD deposited in the timeframe required by law and when did they notify you that it was a NSF check? Again your agent & their broker are your first resource to get the answers you need for the next steps.

Here is the link to DPOR information

http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/dporweb/enfocomp.cfm
I'd go to the attorney at the settlement company first and get his advice.
Web Reference: http://www.jimmccowan.com