John Mullis, Home Seller in Warner Robins, GA

THINKING ABOHUT SELLING MY HOME FOR SELL BY OWNER. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Asked by John Mullis, Warner Robins, GA Fri Mar 8, 2013

Answers

18
Since you are asking agents such a question, are you sure you are up to the task.....
If your thinking about selling your home by owner then i guess we will be in the same business together for awhile. You may think im biased but i do know what i'm saying. It takes alot of time and effort to properly market your home for sale. This doesnt include being able to know what will need to be done to the home to make it show ready for a potential buyer. Real estate agents know how to effectively market a home in order to get it sold. We have found what doesnt work so we for lack of better words dont waste our time and money on those efforts that realistically wont bring forward a ready, willing, and able buyer. Do you have the time during your busy schedule to show your home when the buyer wants to see it? Do you have time to answer calls from potential buyers? Will you be able to immediately notify all 532 agent in the immediate area that your home is for sale? Can you properly screen a potential buyer before showing them the home to see if they will qualify for financing etc. Once again i may be biased but if i were you i would strongly consider hiring a professional in the field of real estate sales. Good luck, Trent Mathis 478-233-4945
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Price it right, then spend the money (and more) advertising it that a good agent would. Make yourself available to show it at any daylight hour. Then cross your fingers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
When you place the sign in the yard. do all you can to prevent parked cars from blocking it's visibility.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

Scotsdale Bluffs, Dunedin Home Tour
http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Been there, done that - before I was in real estate. I understand your motivation - to save money, of course. If you would like to call me, I will look at your house, do a market analysis, and tell you what to expect. 478-997-1296
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Good suggestion.

Price it about 10% below market.

And, if you don't know what "market" is, hire a Realtor.
Web Reference: Http://Intowninsider.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Hi John
Check out my fsbo tips. I have a network of really good agents if you need a free referral. Best Wishes, Gerry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAOVoR7LFvY&sns=em
Hopefully by now John you have sold your home. But if you haven't and need any assistance to help you get it sold on your own, please don't hesitate to call. Naturally there are many advantages to using a good Realtor who has the ability to put your listing at the forefront of the buying market, but in today's day and age there are many tools available to the general public to help make their home visible online. Online Marketing has forever changed the Real Estate Game... fewer & fewer people attend Open Houses on the weekends because they can view virtual tours from the comfort of their own home, most Buyers have been looking on their own online for awhile before ever contacting an agent. Buyers are able to narrow down their top choices to view just by eliminating properties based on what they have found on the internet. With this having been said, my advice to you is to have a licensed Realtor come out and give you a current Market Analysis of your home and suggest a realistic sales price that will reflect an appraisal value when the time comes. Pictures are one of the most important tools when selling your home, because like I mentioned, most people narrow down what properties they want to see without ever having to step inside. If you don't have good quality photos or god forbid none, your home will not get the exposure or fighting chance it deserves. Stage your home properly- this doesn't mean you must go out and buy new things, but use the stuff you already have that compliment the best features of your home. Remove the clutter, while some Buyers have "vision" and can see the forest through the trees so to speak, you would be amazed at how many cannot look past all the "stuff". If you do not use it on a regular basis or it doesn't enhance your home in any way, pack it up. The same rule applies for closets. There are so many staging tips that can make your home "Buyer Ready" with appeal, you just may need someone else's perspective. I would be happy to come by and do a Staging Evaluation for you at no cost or obligation and then return to shoot professional photos for you to use in your For Sale By Owner marketing at no charge. I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around, so if there is anything I can do to help you market your home on your own, I would be delighted! Have a blessed day! Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Margie Stachurski, Warner Robins, GA Realtor, The Diane Childress Team of Golden Key Realty. (478)225-7252
Best of luck. This business is not rocket science, but the problem is when (not if) things go wrong. The ability of an experienced agent to keep things moving is what justifies their commission.

Also, you will still pay a buyer agent 3% and you will pay for your expenses. What Rodney notes is true, FSBOs are a disaster to deal with - same for most discount brokers.

But - the siren song of "saving money" is strong - so give it a try.
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
You've GOTTA try NoMoreAgent.com They give you a listing, market it on Zillow, Trulia, etc, answer phone calls, and more. You just pick a buyer and save thousands!
Are you looking to sell your home on your own as a For Sale By Owner? That is not a very good idea since there is so much to know and there are so many hurdles when selling your home. You should for sure have an agent look out for your best interest, give you the best advice and guidance throughout the transaction

At our Company (Help-U-Sell), we charge a set fee for our services, as opposed to the traditional 6 percent commission, which, in turn, helps you to retain a greater amount of equity while still receiving all the real estate services you expect.

Our agents are fully licensed professionals, members of the local Board of Realtors and of the National Association of Realtors®, work with both Buyers and Sellers, and provide a full range of real estate services.

Our unique marketing strategies drive a steady stream of traffic to our website and offices, which results in many buyers for our listings and many new listings. Additionally, our streamlined operations and cost efficiencies translate into low overhead and savings that we pass along to consumers with our low set fee. You can call the local office in your area and they can help you.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9591
510-279-9580
As indicated below, many Buyers and their Agents will avoid FSBO's. This is becasue many FSBO's are overpriced and the seller's are often unrealistic in their expectations.

Working with a professional Real Estate Agent to list the property then navigate you through the process is your best course of action.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Have a proofreader review your flyer . . .
Thier are many things you will want to consider. First make sure it is priced right. You can check the tax assesor site for sales as well as obtain a free market anylisis or Broker Price Opinion from a local agent. Just keep in mind a price anylisis from an agent should be somewhat more indepth due to possible allowances to help you with your value verses just pulling from the tax assesor. Then make sure that where ever you choose to advertise your home you have a minimum of 15 pictures of it displayed. (The more the better.) You will want to make sure that it is cluter free and personal items on display to be kept to a minimium. This will help to depersonalize your home. Consider checking into all free as well as financial investment avenues of advertising. Things such as Credit Union Bullitin, Craigslist,ect. many sites may require that only licensed agents can use them but do your research. Remember to return all calls promtly. You will want to keep in mind that more than 90% of all buyers start their search on the internet so you will want to have a strong presence there. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have at the local RE/MAX of Warner Robins Office. Best of luck on your endevor Venita Cooley 478-338-0761.
Hello Mullisiv,
I agree with Carol. I just finished a closing in January with a Seller that was not being represented by a Seller's Agent and I felt very sorry for the Sellers since they had no one to go for advise during the process. Thank goodness I was the Buyer's Agent and helped the Seller along the way, but the bottom line, I represented the Buyer.

Most Realtors in the Middle Georgia, and nation wide, will not even take their clients to FSBO's because of all the hassles of working both sides of the transactions...the only reason I did it was because of the price point of the home...it was worth my while.

If you need help Selling your home in Byron, give me a call at 478.662.9093.

Sally Wildasinn, Realtor
Fickling & Company (Warner Robins location)
http://www.sallyshomelistings.com

Advertising is KING, I am a member of ListHub and my MLS listing go out to the top 50 Real Estate websites, plus 600 other websites...FSBO's can't compete with a ListHub member agents.
Yes - think all you want to but think about missing whatever little bump there is. If you don't have it out there for buyers to see you will miss oportunities. You probably can't expose it as well as a GOOD agent.

Toss in the fact that many agents avoid FSBOs because they essentially have to do double the work. Then toss in the fact that you are unlikely to price it properly and miss this spring market.

As the fellsa said - price it below market - maybe even so low that you can start a bidding war. Or, might be smarter to leave it to a full time experienced agent - repeat - full time experienced agent - to work with you.

Just sayin......
Do your research on how to sell it by owner on line. If it doesn''t work out for you or the process scares you call a realtor. They will be glad to help your through the process
Yes, set your price way below market to attract attention. Otherwise, many buyers and their agents tend to avoid FSBO listings.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com